Chapter 53: Sealing the Deal

Luca took another deep breath glancing at the large clock on the wall of his office. The minute hand slowly moving along practically taunting him by this point. It has been a week since they have been back and he found out three days ago that his surprise for Sophia was ready. He was excited until reality sit in and he realized he would actually have to talk to her. 

His eyes try to focus on the computer screen but continuously keep glancing at the clock. Cursing under his breath, he pushes his chair back standing up and walks over to the large window looking out trying to wrap his mind around how she was going to react to the surprise. He was man enough to admit that he was nervous. He runs his fingers through his hair trying to calm his nerves walking over to the papers on his desk. 

Fuck it. He pushes the intercom button waiting for his tesoro to answer. Just do it Luca, she isn't going to be scared. He continues to recite his mother's words in his head. 

Yes Luca?

"Could you come in here please?"

Be right in

He let's go of the button sitting down trying to fix his hair and jacket before the sound of the door clicks open. His nerves immediately washing away as a beautiful smile lights up her face directed at him. He could practically feel his breathing leave his lungs. She had that much power over him. The urge to claim her practically clawing it's way out of him. He gave her a smirk as she came to sit down in the chair across from him. 

"Hello love"

"Hello," she raises a brow waiting for an explanation on what he needs. "What can I do?"

He clears his throat, looking down at the papers yet again before snapping his attention to her. "I need to go somewhere and need you to come along."

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't realize you had a meeting. Do I need to call to confirm?"

He loved the fact that she cared so much about her job. She truly has done wonders while being part of the company. Some of her algorithms actually catching mistakes before they caused damaged. Jessica's job had become practically a walk in the park just needing to oversea the people of her department. Marketing had now been put on a strict budget and Sophia made a system that showed the new head of Marketing in what areas advertising was trending along with for their company, what had prompted the best results. 

"No call is needed for this meeting."

Sophia nods standing up making Luca mirror her actions. He grabs the paperwork and pats his jacket as she walks out of his office. His eyes following her like a hawk. Taking another deep breath he rounds his desk walking out of the office making sure to lock it up. He turns to find Sophia with her purse giving him a warm smile. He walks over wrapping his arm around her waist guiding her to the elevator. Her body on instinct curling to his side as they wait for the elevator to arrive. Sophia rest her head onto his shoulder before the door opens. They step into the elevator as Luca presses it down. 

"So who are we meeting?"

"A possible new opportunity."

"Hmm... You haven't given me time to do research on them."

Luca doesn't say anything in return but just pecks the side of her head. They walk out with Luca's arm still coiled around her. The staff giving them nods of acknowledgement. Sam waves at Sophia earning a brilliant smile and a wave in return. He has always been sweet towards her. Sam was just happy that his boss seemed to finally find someone for himself. He admired the pair thinking they were a good match. 

They leave the building and Sophia climbs into the back of the car recognizing the familiar driver. Luca follows her in shutting the door before reaching over to roll up the partition. He remembers looking up the drive and it said it was only a 20 minute drive which means he had twenty minutes to calm his racing heart.