Ch. 38 - Exploring

You slowly made your way downstairs the next day to see Yoongi practically racing from the kitchen back into his studio. Something about his hurried movements made you feel that you were still tipsy.

Or maybe he was just more resilient than you.

"Yoongi?" you called. "What are you doing?"

"Working. I've got a lot of good ideas right now."

You frowned. "Did you sleep at all?"

"No...but this is the most productive I've been in a while."

He had a point there. Between yours and Jin's accidents and all your social engagements recently, Yoongi hadn't had a lot of time to work. He'd crash eventually if you left him to his own devices.

Maybe this was your chance to go out and do something long overdue.

"Jin, hurry up!"

The man in question was lagging behind you and Amy as you walked around the mall.

"Yeah! You promised to come shopping with us, at least act like you want to be here," Amy scolded him. He shook his head and picked up the pace to fall in step with the two of you.

"Well, forgive me for feeling like a third wheel with the two of you."

"You're not a third wheel," you assured him. "You're more like the guest of honor."

"I don't know about that...."

"I mean it! We'll go anywhere you want." You thought for a moment. "Do you need new dress pants?"

He frowned. "Why?"

"Jungkook's presentation coming up. You're going, aren't you?"

"I mean, I already have a suit--"

"Well, Hoseok's showcase then. You're obviously going to that," Amy added.

He rounded on her immediately. "How do you know about that?"

"I like dancing," she replied with a small shrug. "So are we getting you some pants or what?"

And that was how Jin ended up trying on several pairs of pants across multiple stores.

"I like the gray ones," Amy conceded. "But these dark blue ones look like they fit better. And they go really well with this shirt."

"Black is a classic color," Jin argued.

"All right, but how many pairs of black pants do you have?" you pointed out. "Do you really need more?"

"I guess not."

"Ooh, try this!" Amy exclaimed as she handed him a pair of dark brown slacks instead.

He came out of the dressing room and shook his head. "Not long enough." 

"Well, what about these?"

Eventually, you succeeded in your mission. Jin left with a few pairs of pants and even a pair of dress shoes. You and Amy also picked up a few things along the way before you all stopped at the food court.

"This was nice," he admitted. "I don't go shopping for myself often."

"Well, you're always welcome to come out with us." 

You nodded in agreement. "Absolutely. Part of the family, right?"

Jin smiled. "Right. We should do this again sometime."