Ch. 7 - Clashing Heads

"Do you have any idea what you just did?!" you hissed as you pushed Yoongi into an empty office. You pulled down the blinds and stood against the desk.

"I introduced myself."

"Wrong. You've embarrassed my entire family in one fell swoop."

"I didn't do anything!"

"Exactly! You didn't get here in time for your own meeting. You didn't even shave this morning or put on a tie. You didn't have the authority to hire anyone but you did it anyway. My father built this company from the ground up and you won't even pretend to care about the example you're setting as the new boss on your first day."

"Look, I don't know what you think this will accomplish but what's done is done. If your father or whoever wants to yell at me too, tell him to get in line. I've reached my limit for today."

You stared at him for several seconds. "So have I. Have fun learning about this company by yourself." You opened the door. "And getting out of this office without the key."

"Why you--!"

The door closed before you could hear the rest of his sentence. But you couldn't care less right now. You had work to do and he was going to stay out of your way.

By the time you got back to the elevators, your coworkers were already gossiping about this new arrangement. One of them was brave enough to ask you directly. "(Y/N), is that really your new husband?"

"That's him," you confirmed.

"Wow," someone else said. "I'm surprised your old man actually let him take over. He doesn't seem like the type."

You smiled thinly. "I'm sure he'll get the hang of it."

"I just can't get over it," a third voice piped up. "We all thought you were single this whole time! Instead you're hiding away that gorgeous man and letting him take over for you? Love really does change people. Good for you."

Thankfully, that was when the elevator doors opened to let you off on the third floor. You quickly stepped out before turning away towards your own office.

You weren't sure what you'd expected. Since becoming head of customer services, you'd never been particularly popular with the other workers here. Not that you were before that either, since whispers about you being the boss's daughter were constantly following your every move.

But something stuck out at you.

Yoongi? Gorgeous?

Yeah, right.

Yoongi knew you hated him but he didn't expect you to go this far. He looked around and realized this must be his new office. Furniture had already been set up but it was bare otherwise. The computer on the desk was locked with a password so he couldn't do anything with that.

Your company had secured wi-fi inside the building and he didn't know the password to that either. He could try calling Jin for help but he had no idea where he was inside the building and it could take a while to find him.

He didn't know anyone in this company and he frankly didn't want anyone to find him locked in the office. It was certain to get him reprimanded by someone else.

So he called Namjoon. And it went straight to voicemail.

He sighed. Might as well take advantage of this. So he settled down on the couch in his office and fell asleep.