Ch. 28 - Moving Forward

The flight to get to Lee Hansol's studio was pretty uneventful. Taehyung spent it watching in-flight movies while Yoongi drifted in and out of fitful sleep while he remembered his recent phone call.

"Hello?"

"Mr. Min Yoongi?"

"Yes. Who's this?"

"This is Lee Hansol. I have an offer for you."

"An offer?"

"Yes. I like what I heard on those last few songs you sent. I want to sit down with you and discuss it."

"When?"

"Next week. I'm looking forward to it."

And before he could say anything else, Lee had hung up.

Yoongi had no idea what to expect from this meeting. What had he heard that had changed his tune so quickly? Was this going to be his break? Would this be the first step on his road to his dream?

He awoke to the feeling of Tae shaking him. "Yoongi, we're nearly there," the younger man said softly. He groaned in response, shifting around to a more comfortable position.

They caught a cab to get to their hotel before heading to Lee Hansol's studio. His secretary had sent over directions a few days earlier. Yoongi only hoped that it would go smoothly.

Sitting in the cab with an unfamiliar driver was uncomfortable. No quiet understanding of where they were going. This driver kept trying to engage in small talk. He kept telling them about places they should visit while they were in town, adding on his personal anecdotes here and there. But there were no dad jokes tacked on to these stories. No familiar high-pitched laughs when something funny was said. None of the same acknowledgment for his passengers, Yoongi realized as the driver slammed on brakes like he hadn't been paying attention.

He scrambled out of the cab so quickly Tae had had to pay the expectant driver.

The hotel room wasn't much better. It was nice, sure. But this wasn't his home. He could hear the people next door through the thin wall. The bathroom was small and not comfortable to stand in for long periods of time. If they were staying overnight, he doubted that he would be able to sleep soundly on the hard mattress.

"Yoongi?" Tae said. "Are you ready?"

And for the first time since they'd landed, Yoongi paused to look at himself. It took a moment to realize that was really his reflection staring back.

He was wearing a full suit. Not just the button-downs and slacks that he usually wore for work. His hair was combed neatly. An expensive watch sat on his wrist and seemed to be weighing it down because he wasn't used to it. He averted his eyes.

"Yeah. Let's go."

Taehyung shut the door behind them.

Yoongi had no idea what was happening.

He'd worn this suit for his parents' charity parties before in the presence of hundreds of people. Why was he burning up in this tiny reception area?

His ears kept ringing. He kept staring at things and rubbing his hands together. Oh god, his hands were sweaty. Why were they so sweaty? He would have to shake hands with Lee Hansol soon. Maybe it was just too hot in this sweltering office.

But that didn't seem to be the case for Taehyung. He was wearing a similar outfit and he'd spent the last ten minutes chatting happily with the receptionist that had signed them in. Yoongi didn't know how he did it.