Ch. 4 - Good Friends

Yoongi glanced up from his food when you walked in the door.

"There you are. I thought I'd have to send a search party."

"You're the one who told me to leave," you reminded him as you started looking for something to eat yourself.

"That doesn't mean you need to stay out all day." He sighed, running his hand through his hair. 

You rolled your eyes. "I was with Jin, just like you said. Relax." There was silence as you picked out a frozen dinner and went to heat it up. "Is there a reason you need a personal driver?"

"I can drive myself but my dad says it's part of our status, to not have to drive anywhere. Jin's family is in hospitality already so it wasn't much of a stretch for him to take the job."

"But wasn't he a groomsman at the wedding?"

He narrowed his eyes at you. "Yeah, so what?"

"So nothing. It was nice of you to include him, that's all," you said as you sat down across from him at the table. "It seems like you guys are close."

Yoongi didn't respond. His relationship with Jin wasn't something his parents understood. They never got close to their own driver like that. The only reason Jin got to be a part of the wedding party at all was that you'd kept your maid of honor. The groomsmen were uneven with the additional "friends" that his parents had hired to fill out your half of the wedding party.

Not that Yoongi hadn't wanted him to be part of it; Jin had seen him at his best and worst. The two of them had gone through a lot together. Even now, he was sleeping five minutes away at the small "guest house" on your honeymoon just in case he was needed.

For you to recognize that after not knowing him that long...it was nice, to say the least.

"Speaking of inclusion," he said as you warily sat down across from him at the table, "we have a guest coming in the next day or two."

"Guest?" you repeated. "Didn't you just see everyone you know at the wedding?"

"He was out of town for a business trip. But he wants to bring me his gift and meet my new wife. So I want you to make him feel welcome while he's here."

You glared at Yoongi over your food. This was beyond ridiculous. Sure, all of your friends had the decency to stay away and leave you alone during this time. But his were going to come knocking on your door just because they felt like it. People with money got to do whatever they wanted.

"Fine."

"Great."

You sighed. "As long as we're sharing, you should also know that my parents are putting together a shareholder's meeting sometime after we get back."

"Cool, a bunch of stiffs in suits. I've handled that before, no big deal."

"It is a big deal," you hissed. "You'll have to convince our shareholders you know what you're doing. Which I'm sure you don't."

"Excuse me? I do--"

"Do you even know what we specialize in, Yoongi?"

"Textiles."

You rolled your eyes. "We're a shipping company. I rest my case."

"But you ship textiles, don't you?"

"I'm going to sleep."

You put your dirty dishes in the dishwasher and walked off to your room. Yoongi waited until you were gone before stalking off to his own room.