Ch. 25 - Date Night

"She doesn't have feelings for Jimin," Amy told him a couple of days later.

"How do you know?"

Amy sighed. "Yoongi, do you know what your marriage is?" He frowned.  "A relationship of convenience. It's convenient for both of your parents to have you be together. That's exactly what dating Jimin was like too. Convenient, but not a lot of chemistry or sparks flying. So it ended."

"That's it?"

"That's it. Jimin even took the break up well. There's nothing there to be suspicious about, okay?"

Yoongi grunted in response. 

Amy watched him with a small smirk. She'd been more than surprised when Yoongi called her up and accepted her invitation to get lunch. She certainly didn't expect him to start pressing her about yours and Jimin's old relationship.

"Listen, Yoongi. As much as I love the gossip corner, you really should talk to (Y/N) about this."

"We already did so I didn't want to bring it up again. She'd think I was jealous."

"Aren't you?"

Honestly, Yoongi didn't know how he felt. You'd started opening up to him more since the argument with your parents. It was obvious that you were looking for a shoulder to lean on. Someone who could understand your position, and you'd apparently decided that was Yoongi.

But he didn't want to abuse your newfound trust in him by questioning your past relationships and making you uncomfortable. But saying all that could be crossing a line by itself. It was hard, maneuvering your relationship when it was constantly changing.

"You really have nothing to be worried about in my opinion," Amy spoke up again. "But if you're worried that someone else could come along and steal your "wife", then you should start at the beginning and work your way up."

"The beginning," he repeated.

She nodded. "Friendship is a good start."

And the minute that it came out of her mouth, Yoongi was amazed at the simplicity of it.

If you were going to continue opening up and leaning on him for support, that was the obvious answer. Why hadn't that thought occurred to him before?

He had a sudden flashback of being locked in a dark office and the two of you bickering at every turn. He smiled slightly. You'd come a long way since there.

So when Yoongi got back from lunch, he stopped by your office before returning to his own.

"Hey. What are your plans tonight?"

"Nothing."

"Great. We're going out for dinner after work."

He quickly turned on his heel, ignoring the look of confusion on your face. Namjoon smirked after him before returning to what he was doing.

You were unsure of what to expect with this dinner. You half-expected it to be some kind of apology to make you feel better for some of Yoongi's recent behavior.

And in a way you were right.

But in a way you were equally as wrong.

Jin had seemed just as confused as you when Yoongi told him to take you to a restaurant instead of straight home from work. He actually tried to argue but his employer was quick to offer to pay for his own meal which shut him up.

When you got to the restaurant, Yoongi had a few words with the staff to get you a small table in a corner. They were quick to seat Jin close by as well so you could tell he was being taken care of (but not close enough that he could interrupt your dinner).