Ch. 42 - Opportunities

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Yoongi fumbled blindly for the alarm. It was only when it stopped and the house was quiet aside from the sound of someone moving around that he realized this wasn't his home. And that wasn't his alarm.

He blinked open one eye to see a dark figure heading for the door.

"Tae? What are you doing?" Yoongi mumbled.

"I've got an early shoot."

Yoongi stifled a yawn. "You work too hard, man. You should take some time off sometimes."

"I know. Thanks for inviting me to hang out."

"Taehyung." The younger man froze. "You're getting enough sleep, right?"

"Of course."

There was a long stretch of silence. "Good luck at your shoot."

Taehyung hesitated before finally opening the door and stepping outside. "Thanks."

It was only about an hour later that Jin woke up, trudging his way into the kitchen to start on breakfast.

"Tae left already," Yoongi said. Jin whirled around to see him standing in the kitchen.

"Could you be any quieter? You could have given me a heart attack!" He hissed dramatically, hand clutching at his chest.

"Sorry. I wanted to talk to you before the others got up." His gaze met Jin's. "You remember what you told me last night, right?"

Jin nodded. "And I'm still serious about it."

"Is it about the accident?"

He nodded again. "We could have died. And it would have been my fault."

"Jin--"

"No. You wanted me to talk, so don't interrupt me. I don't care what the accident report says. I don't care what the circumstances were. If I hadn't been paying attention, we might have actually died. Dr. Park said I was lucky to have the injuries I did. I know that (Y/N) was lucky too. And if you hadn't been on your trip, you could have been right there with us." He ran his hand through his hair. "I could have really caused someone to get hurt. And I...I can't handle that stress."

Yoongi nodded thoughtfully. "All right."

"All right?"

"I'm not going to force you to keep working for me just because of my parents' rule. If you want to quit, it's fine by me." He glanced toward the living room. "As long as Jungkook didn't finally convince you to work for him instead."

Jin chuckled. "I wouldn't dare."

"So what are you going to do now?"

"Not sure, actually. Guess I'll figure it out as I go. Worked for you, didn't it?"

Yoongi grinned. "Fair enough."

He went home not long after that. Hoseok dropped him off and he found himself wondering if he should get his own car. The thought had never occurred to him before now.

It was obvious that you'd passed out on the couch. A large blanket was lying half on the floor from where you must have kicked it off of you.

Yoongi climbed upstairs to find you standing halfway in your closet, tossing clothes onto the bed.

He knocked on the already open door before walking in. "What are you doing?"

"Figuring out what to wear for dinner tomorrow. And Hoseok's showcase. Is Jin going to drive us?"