Ch. 54 - News

Jungkook opened the door to the restaurant with a sigh. He quickly pushed his hair away from his face as he made his way towards the bar. 

"Hey, Mina. Thanks again for taking my order, I know I put it in pretty late."

"That's no problem." She smiled. "Always happy to help one of our best customers. I guess the office is keeping you late again, huh?"

He nodded. "You can say that. I'm trying to track all of the bugs in a new app we rolled out." 

"Are you doing that all yourself?" Mina started to ring up his order and took his card. "There's no one else to help?"

"I've got help," he assured her. "But it's my app and I feel responsible. My morning run is probably going to suffer but it's worth it."

"You run a lot?"

"I try to get a few miles every week. But I probably won't get up in time to beat the gym crowd." He sighed. "It's okay."

"You know, there are a few hiking trails nearby. They're never too crowded."

"Hiking trails?" he repeated. "I don't know, I might get lost."

Mina smiled. "I could go with you if you want." 

"You don't have a shift?"

"No, I have the day off. So I hope you're ready to eat my dust."

Jungkook grinned. "Not if you eat mine first."

"I guess we'll have to see."

"Well, how about I walk you out and we figure out a time?"

"Let me lock up and you have a deal." 

Yoongi did a double take as he saw Taehyung race through the doors of the hospital. He nearly made it to the corridor before Yoongi called out to him.

"Tae? Are you all right?"

"Am I--No!" He strode over to where Yoongi sat and nearly collapsed in a chair. "I got your urgent message and raced over to your house. You weren't there so I called around and Hoseok said you were at the hospital!"

"That--"

"And then I raced over here and ran through the parking lot. Worried sick that something is wrong and you're just sitting here, reading a magazine. Nearly gave me a heart attack."

"Sorry, I guess? My message wasn't about us being here."

"Oh." Tae frowned. "Well then why are you here?"

He flipped a page of his magazine. "Friend of the (L/N) family is dying and they all wanted to be here. I don't really know the guy or his family so I'm out here in case they want food or something."

Taehyung leaned back in his chair. "Well, I'm glad you're all okay. You still could have told me before I got all the way here."

"I expected you to call me back, not come by for a visit. I didn't know if you were in town or not." Yoongi sighed. "But as long as you're here, I might as well thank you."

"Thank me?"

"After the whole Lee Hansol thing, I thought about quitting. If the whole industry was like him, I didn't know if I wanted to be part of it. And then you were working so hard, I thought you wouldn't have time to keep hunting for producers."

"Yoongi--"

"But I got a call from your agent. Ryu Dong Sun, he said he knew a couple of people and one of them seemed really interested in my tracks."