Ch. 50 - Favors and Secrets

Yoongi had been biding his time, waiting for the next morning when they'd finally check out.

His parents insisted on going home in the morning, even though you had already left. He knew his father was trying to save face at this point. But he'd wait.

You should be at the hospital soon, after all. He'd only just had the thought when someone called his phone.

Ryeowook told him that you had made it safe and sound and that you had asked him not to wait.

"She'll probably be a while," he agreed with a small nod. "Thank you, Ryeowook."

"Of course, sir. Let me know if I can do anything else for you."

Yoongi sat down on the bed. It was odd, he realized. There had been a point where he couldn't care less where you were. But now that you were away from him, it made him nervous. He had half a mind to call someone else to pick you up from the hospital and take you home.

He was still considering that when his phone started ringing again.

"Hello?"

"Mr. Min? This is Choi Siwon. Do you and your wife have a minute to talk?"

"She's not here right now, but I can tell her later."

"All right. I apologize for the late hour, but I found something--"

"You can break the contract?"

"Technically, it wouldn't break it but it would render the document null and void."

Yoongi frowned. "Oh."

Siwon chuckled. "You can still call it a break if you'd like, it's much less of a mouthful. But anyway, your parent's lawyers are very thorough. I was afraid I wouldn't find anything. But there is a clause in here I'd like to discuss with you both when you have time."

"Which one?"

"Since this is highly confidential, I'd rather wait until we're face to face to show you the exact wording."

"That's fair. And you're sure about this clause?"

"Absolutely."

"Thank you, Mr. Choi. We'll call you back to schedule a meeting."

"I'm looking forward to it. Have a good night."

As soon as he was done, Yoongi dialed your number. You should be free by now, surely. But you didn't answer. He sighed and tried again.

When you still didn't answer, he left a brief message asking you to call him back as soon as you could.

A few short minutes later, he was telling you the news.

"We can break the contract. He's sure of it." You didn't respond for a moment. "Are you still there?"

"Yeah, just....mind is racing. Do you mind if we talk about this tomorrow?"

"Oh. Of course." He scratched the back of his head. "I just wanted to let you know."

"Thanks. Did I miss much after I left?"

"Other than the Mins storming out? Not much."

You chuckled. "I would have paid to see that. What time do you think you'll be back tomorrow?"

"Probably around lunch. And don't worry, I'll bring your stuff back with me."

"Thanks. I'll see you then." You turned to see Jimin leaning against the doorway. "Oh, hey."

He smiled, although it didn't quite reach his eyes. "Hey. Thanks again for coming, it means a lot. You think I could ask you for one more favor?"

"What's that?"