Ch. 32 - Reporting

Namjoon was so busy trying to keep up with messages and emails that he almost missed Yoongi striding straight past his desk to your office.

Almost. 

"What are you doing?"

"Need the quarterly reports," Yoongi replied with a huff. "They must be in my briefcase."

"Reports?" Namjoon repeated, following Yoongi as he entered the office. "But that's what kept her working late last night. She didn't finish?"

Yoongi frowned, grabbing his briefcase from under your desk. As he came back up, he saw a note that you'd scribbled.

"Check quarterly reports against old numbers. Yoongi"

"Doesn't seem that way," he replied to Namjoon's question. And before the taller man could reply, he'd stalked out of your office once more.

Twenty minutes later, Jackson opened Yoongi's door. "You wanted to see me?"

Yoongi's gaze snapped up and Jackson almost stepped back. There was a running joke amongst most of the department heads that Yoongi had a strong poker face. He showed very little emotions in meetings or on the few occasions he'd spoken to the other heads. Every now and then, something would break through his facade.

He wasn't even trying to hide it now. The director looked pissed about something.

"Sit down, Jackson."

He cleared his throat, slowly settling down in the chair in front of his desk. Yoongi stood up, walking around his desk to stand in front of it.

"Can you explain this to me?" He asked, handing over a folder. Jackson opened it and saw the sales team's quarterly report staring back.

"What about it?" He asked after a few seconds of silence.

"Why are your department numbers so low?"

"I know what this looks like. But I promise we're doing everything we can to fix it. Talking to old clients and potential new ones. It's been a bad few months, sir."

"Then why is your department the only one suffering?"

"E-excuse me?"

"I've been going over the past year's reports and while not every department is hitting their projections, they're showing growth and improvement. All except yours. Your department seems to go back and forth." He handed over a chart detailing the numbers. Indeed, the graph rose and fell almost in a pattern.

"Do you recognize anything about that graph?"

He studied it for several seconds in silence before asking for the calendar sitting on the desk. Yoongi handed it over. Jackson flipped through a few months, checking against the graph in his hand.

"The quarters going down are all when I was on vacation."

Yoongi nodded. "Someone in your department is taking advantage of your absence to not do their work."

"I've been the department head for three years! How did this not come up before?"

"I don't know. All I know is what I found. I want a full report of each individual's numbers since you've been the head."

"I'll pull that up right now if you want."

Yoongi nodded, gesturing toward his computer. Jackson quickly logged in with his credentials.

As the director of operations, he couldn't go through and look at each employee's individual numbers. Only the department heads themselves had access to that information.