Ch. 30 - Family Favors

Taehyung glanced at Yoongi as his taxi pulled up beside them. "Are you sure you don't need a lift?"

"No, my ride should be here soon. In fact," he added, "there he is now."

A sleek black car drove up near the two men. The driver door opened up and Jungkook beamed.

"Hey, Tae. Looking good as ever."

Taehyung smirked. "You know it, Kook. When are you going to quit working so much so we can hang out?"

"Maybe when the pot stops calling the kettle black."

"Well, I--"

Yoongi cleared his throat. "As nice as this is, I have somewhere to be."

"It is getting late," Taehyung admitted. "Guess we'll have to take a rain check then."

And with that, they separated. Taehyung climbed into his patiently waiting taxi while Yoongi and Jungkook got into his car. The mood immediately shifted.

"Thanks again for coming."

"Of course. I was already out, actually." Jungkook glanced at him as he started driving. "Do you know what happened?"

"No idea. They said it was some kind of car accident."

First, they went by the police station. To try and figure out what happened and to get information on the car.

Jungkook waited in the lobby while Yoongi met with an officer from the scene.

"Im Jaebum. What can I do for you?"

"Min Yoongi. My car was in an accident tonight. I'm trying to find out where it ended up."

"Let me see." He shuffled through a few reports on his desk. "I think we had it towed. Ah, here it is. Wouldn't start, so we called someone to tow it."

"How bad was the damage?

"Well, the door had to be removed to get to the driver. The window and side mirror were busted up, and so was the front bumper. It won't be an easy repair." He handed over a business card. "But I'm sure they'll move it for you."

"Thanks."

"Of course. Anything else I can do for you?"

"I'll need to report this to my insurance company. Did you get the other person's information?"

Jaebum scribbled down some numbers on his notepad. "They said to call this number for that information. We haven't gotten through to anyone yet."

Yoongi nodded his thanks and went back to the lobby to find his cousin. Jungkook wordlessly followed him back to the car.

"I only have one more stop to make before going home."

"Where's that?"

"Jin's place."

Jungkook put the car in gear and started driving once more. Yoongi stared out the window, sullen as ever. Jungkook didn't blame him after this crazy night.

He parked at Jin's house. Yoongi got out and found the spare key that he kept hidden near the door. Jungkook followed close behind.

Compared to Yoongi's hose, Jin's place didn't seem very impressive at first glance. But unlike Yoongi's, it had a lot more character. The kitchen and dining area were large and open to allow multiple people to wander around and carry on conversations while someone cooked. There were pictures and paintings hung on the walls, as well as a large bookshelf full of knick-knacks.

"Your parents never cease to amaze me," Jungkook commented as they went down the hallway to Jin's room.

Yoongi glanced at him. "Actually, Jin paid for all of this himself. It was his one condition about working for us. He may be our employee, but he doesn't want to be in our debt."

The pair entered Jin's bedroom. It was clean and tidy, with everything in just the right place. Including a couple of plushes on his desk.

Yoongi opened the closet and pulled out a duffel bag.

Jungkook frowned. "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like? I'm packing some stuff for Jin."

He started rifling through drawers and pulling out clothes to put in the duffel bag.

"Yoongi, you don't even know when he's getting released."

"I know. This is just to smuggle snacks. I'll never hear the end of it if he starves."

Jungkook watched with interest as Yoongi took the bag back towards the kitchen and started packing snacks around the articles of clothing. When he was done, you couldn't tell there was anything else inside it.

"All right. That's all I needed here."

And just like that, the pair headed out again. The ride was mostly silent. It was getting late and Yoongi's head was swimming with things he'd have to take care of in the morning.

"Are you going back to work tomorrow?"

"I guess I have to," Yoongi replied with a shrug. "At least for appearance's sake." If you weren't going to be in the office, then it was the least he could do to show up. Even if that was the last thing he wanted after this trip.

"Will you need a driver?"

"Are you offering?"

"If you need one."

"I'll need a ride to the dealership in the morning. Then I'll get a rental while they work on the family car."

Junkook nodded. "I'll be there."

"Thanks."

"I do have a question, though," Jungkook added she turned onto the correct street. "Why call me when Taehyung was already with you?"

Yoongi shook his head. "He's already helped me out today. I can't ask for any more from him."

"But you'll make your own family cart you around like this? What did he do that's so great?"

It was obviously meant as a joke. A teasing jab about how he rarely asked for help at all.

But Yoongi told him the truth. Jungkook listened.

Even when they got to the driveway, he put the car in park and made no move to stop the story. He listened intently and when Yoongi was done, he had only one thing to say.

"You're better off."

Yoongi chuckled. "I knew you'd say something like that." He opened the car door. "I should get some sleep. See you tomorrow?"

"Sure thing. I hope you know that I expect payment when I get here."

"Yeah, yeah. You drivers are all the same."

Yoongi locked the door behind himself and sighed heavily. He still had one more thing to do.

He dialed Hoseok's number and told him the whole story. He sent a quick text to Jin to let him know that he had gotten back home okay. He sent a brief text to Namjoon telling him to get to work early the next morning.

And when all that was done, he called you too. You obviously didn't answer so he left a message.

"Hey...just wanted you to know that I got back in one piece. The hospital called so I'll come by as soon as I can. I think Hoseok will try to visit tomorrow in the meantime. I've got everything taken care of on this end. Car, the insurance, work. So just focus on resting for now. I can take care of things until you're back on your feet. Hope you're doing okay......bye then."

That was the last thing he did before crawling into bed. He'd have a long day tomorrow too, he was sure of it. But he'd figure out how to get through it.