Ch. 11 - Suspicions

"Wow," Taehyung laughed. "With flirting skills like that, I can't believe it took you this long to get hitched."

Yoongi sighed. "Please focus, Tae."

"Right, sorry. Let me see....Lee said he loved your lyrics. The "everybody can kiss my ass part" seemed to really interest him. But..."

"But?" Yoongi prompted him, glancing up as you came through the kitchen. "Hold on one second."

"What? Is it (Y/N)? Tell her I said hi!"

Yoongi rolled his eyes as he started up the stairs. "Not on your life."

"Fine, fine," Tae sighed. "Like I was saying, Lee likes your lyrics already. But any newbie can give off a "fuck the world attitude". He wants raw talent, so you should make a point to show him that you can do more than one genre."

"Wait." He hesitated, trying to figure out if he'd heard right. "Hip hop isn't enough? I'd have to do more?"

"I'm just saying--"

"Like what? Bubblegum pop? Love songs? Trot? I can't just pull that out of my ass, Taehyung!"

"You called for advice. I'm giving you advice. I've seen who this guy works with, and what he can do with the right talent. It doesn't have to be good right away, but you have to show you've got what it takes to do different music genres."

Yoongi walked into a bedroom, flopping on the bed. "And what if I don't have what it takes?"

"Then you wouldn't have his card." Taehyung sighed. "I know that you're stressed. This is a big deal. But he wouldn't have given his card to just anybody."

"Yeah. Maybe you're right."

"And if you decide to write a love song, you can always just think about me! I'm sure you'll be inspired since you love me so much."

"That'll be the day."

"I guarantee it'll be a hit. And then you can invite me over for dinner to thank me in person."

"Can't wait. Bye, Taehyung."

By the time you climbed the stairs to go to sleep, Yoongi was already lying in bed, hands behind his head as he faced the ceiling. You envied the way he looked so peaceful when he slept.

You flipped off the light and went to your own room. 

"Hey Yoongi, did you ever get that storage closet open?" you called from upstairs the next day.

"No, we don't have the right key!"

You sighed, coming down the stairs to see him scarfing down his lunch. "I thought your parents said they had it."

"I've tried, none of them work. What do you need?"

"I was going to put some of the wedding stuff in there. The dress is taking up a lot of my armoire upstairs."

"Just give it all to me, I'll find somewhere to put it."

You glanced back at the door. "Why does a closet need to be locked anyway? No one designs them like that anymore."

Yoongi swallowed the last of his food. "I'll handle it. We've got other storage options."

"Okay." You unlocked your phone as it vibrated. "Oh, Jin's here."

"Stealing my chauffeur, I see."

"I thought I told you I was going shopping today with Amy. I think I'll be back for dinner, but you can eat without me."