Ch. 62 - Prep Work

It took nearly two weeks to figure out personnel changes.

Who was staying, who was leaving, who was moving to new departments.

Yoongi stuck around to ensure you weren't going to have another period of self-doubt. After the last one, you'd taken his words to heart and started relying on others for assistance. It really did seem like such a simple solution, but it did wonders to help you along.

The three of you finalized departments first and found holes where Jimin's company was struggling. The department heads were all aware of the changes by now and had determined which members of their teams would be sticking around.

Yoongi dealt with letting anyone go on your end (and had exit interviews with the ones quitting) while you held meetings with those who were moving to other areas of the company.

Jimin agreed that he could keep everyone on their current salary so they wouldn't lose money, but he was adamant that you would have to relocate to his office to handle the new number of employees. Benefits would remain the same, although Park Industries offered a better retirement package that you planned to include.

The work hours would remain the same for most people, although the shipping department had four shifts to ensure more supply was making it out the door. That had required some hard adjustments on your part to accommodate.

Your IT department would be adding in two-step verifications for all major software being used, and additional programs for anyone needing to work from home.

For the most part, everything was decided already. Yoongi, true to his word, had been watching the recorded meetings when he was busy working on songs. He always came back with questions or clarifications on his end.

You weren't familiar with music production, but you had a strong suspicion Yoongi wasn't always working on music when he was absent. But you had enough on your plate to be focused on without worrying about it.

Yoongi had already set a tentative date for the shareholder's meeting along with the party you'd be having afterwards where you'd announce your plans. The shareholders you'd recently gathered made up nearly two-thirds of the overall group. It had seemed like overkill at first, but Siwon had advised having at least that many before calling the meeting.

You couldn't be sure that Yoongi's parents had stopped gathering shareholders themselves, and there were more factors at play than just who was on your side. Some of the shareholders could have a conflict and not be able to make the meeting. Some could abstain from voting on the decision at all. This way, you had nearly an overwhelming majority in case things like that did happen.

Once he was sure you'd be doing okay on your own, Yoongi also set a date to meet with his producer. He asked Jin to come along this time, and he was more than happy to oblige.

He made sure to inform Taehyung well in advance so he could try and stay out of trouble. Tae did not appreciate the joke but wished him good luck.

You had initially planned to spend time with Amy that night to take a break from work, but she was training a new intern and wasn't sure when she'd be available. Your parents had left to go on vacation again not long ago, so they weren't an option.

Only a few days later, Namjoon offered to take you and Jungkook out for dinner as a thank-you. One that you were hardly going to pass up.

The four of you had a wonderful time together, Sun included. The dinner had also been her way to thank you for her new position, one where you were sure she would excel.

"It means a lot that you offered," she said. "I never imagined that I could go from a receptionist to a PA."

"You've done a great job helping out for these last several months, Sun. Reception is more than just answering phones, it's juggling a lot of information and tasks at once. I need someone like that to support me every day." You glanced at Namjoon. "And now I don't have to meet with HR about you two."