Ch. 31 - Assessing

"This isn't what I meant by payment," Jungkook grumbled as he took another bite of his biscuit.

"When Jin does something nice, I buy him food. And last time I checked, you had plenty of money."

Jungkook quickly polished off his breakfast without further complaint. He and Yoongi were at the car dealership, waiting to get an estimate on the damage.

"All right, Min," the salesman sighed. "It's fixable, but it'll take some time. At least two weeks."

"Thanks, Leeteuk."

"We'll get a rental for you in the meantime. Anything else I can do while you're here?"

"Yeah. Keep this on the down low. And I mean the down low."

Leeteuk beamed. "Anything for one of my favorite customers. Now, about that rental car."

After making sure that Yoongi was good to go, Jungkook split off to go to work. His cousin did the same.

He still made it to work a bit early, and decided to call Namjoon up to his office.

The taller man was no fool. He could tell something was wrong, and the first question out of his mouth was what had happened.

"There was an accident last night," Yoongi explained slowly. "(Y/N) and Jin are at the hospital."

"What? Are they okay?"

"I don't know. I haven't had a chance to go by yet. I got back too late last night. Hoseok is going by today, he said he'd let me know what the situation is. But the point is, I need you to step up and keep things under control for me."

"What are you going to tell the other employees?"

"As far as anyone else is concerned, she's sick. If my parents find out Jin was in an accident, they may threaten to replace him. And her parents don't even know she's at the hospital. As long as the employees don't know, there's no problem of anyone finding out."

Namjoon sighed heavily. "Okay. Keep me updated."

"Sure. Now go...do whatever you do."

"How long have you been in charge now?" Namjoon teased.

"Bye, Joon. Let me know if you need anything."

"Sure. Hey, don't think I forgot about your trip. I want to hear about it later."

Once he was alone, Yoongi leaned back in his chair, ran his hands over his face, and sighed.

"Time to tell Tae."

He had chosen not to tell Taehyung what had happened at the airport. He had simply said Jin was tied up and couldn't come to get him.

The younger man had offered to get him a taxi or something but he refused. He couldn't put his finger on why he didn't tell him the whole story.

He did owe Tae for saving his music from Lee Hansol. But he seemed out of it on the plane ride home. Taehyung was normally bright and full of energy. For most of the return trip, he'd sat quietly and watched movies. But he wasn't really watching them.

His eyes were glazed over, thinking about something far away. He even nodded off a few times only to jerk awake several minutes later. Yoongi had never known him to do that. When Taehyung slept, he fell asleep for hours at a time. Even for naps.

Maybe that was why he hadn't said anything at the time. Taehyung was obviously exhausted. If he'd mentioned the hospital, he had no doubt he would have gone first thing this morning when visiting hours were available.