Ch. 15 - Family Approval

Your table was filled with laughter and great food. You had full plates and a reason to celebrate, nothing should slow you down.

Until Jin went to the bathroom and left the burden of conversation on your shoulders.

"So," you said after several seconds of silence. "About you and your music."

Yoongi glanced up at you before continuing to chew his food. "You want to talk about it now?"

"Why not?"

"Fine. What about it?"

"What kind of music are you making?"

He sat back in his chair. "You probably wouldn't like it."

"Which means...?"

"Hip hop and rap."

"Wait. Can you rap?"

"No."

"Yes," Jin countered as he came back from the bathroom. "Namjoon too."

Yoongi glared at him. "I thought I swore you to secrecy."

"To your parents, yes. But (Y/N) should know about it."

"I need another drink," he sighed as he signaled to the waiter. 

Jin nodded in agreement. "One for me too."

You took a few more bites of your food before another thought struck you.

"Do you record in your studio?"

Yoongi sighed. "Yes."

"The one in our house?"

"Yes."

"How come I've never heard anything?"

"Because I do it at night when you're sleeping."

"Really?"

"Oh, yeah," Jin added. "That's how he used to keep his parents from finding out."

"And you know all this because--?"

"Because he happened to walk in on me the one day I didn't lock the door. And he's nosy so he wouldn't quit asking until I told him."

Jin grinned as he took another bite of his food. 

You caught the underlying hint in Yoongi's words and decided to drop the subject for something else.

Jin honked the horn to tell you goodnight and Yoongi visibly winced. 

"I wish he'd stop doing that," he grumbled.

You pulled out your key. "Leave him alone, he's just being nice." 

"Yeah, he was really nice eating half our bill on his own."

"Not sure why you're complaining. You didn't pay for it."

"Only because you insisted." He shivered slightly. "Have you got the key or not?"

"Calm down."

After a few more seconds, you managed to unlock the door and let yourselves in. You turned on the lights. Yoongi grabbed a blanket off the couch. 

"What are you doing?"

"Trying to stay warm," he replied, draping the blanket around his shoulders. 

"I'll turn on the heat." You glanced back at him. "But if it gets too cold down here, you can always come upstairs."

"We'll see. Thanks again for dinner."