Ch. 34 - Bonds

Yoongi finally stopped by that night after work. He checked in on Jin first.

His shoulder was now relocated and his sling had been removed. His bandages had been replaced. One of the nurses had been doting on him so he had a couple of extra pillows. He seemed more comfortable than before, at least.

Yoongi handed over the bag with clothes and snacks. But Jin made no move to eat anything.

"You all right?" Yoongi asked. "I know it's not your usual home cooking--"

"I'm not hungry, that's all."

And maybe that should have been Yoongi's first clue. But he decided to leave it alone for the time being.

"I've got Leeteuk's team looking over the car. Should be good to drive again in no time."

"Really?"

He nodded. "Seems that way. Gonna cost a pretty penny to fix, of course."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it. I'm glad you two are safe. Get some rest."

And with that, he made his way into your room.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"I brought you some stuff." He patted a duffel bag that he'd packed, similar to Jin's.

"What kind of stuff?"

"Well," he set the bag on the floor and unzipped it. "These, for starters."

He produced a bouquet similar to Amy's and held it out. You carefully took them.

"They're beautiful."

Yoongi cleared his throat. "Namjoon put a note in there for you somewhere. He said to get well soon. And Tae is going to send something."

"Yeah, a nurse brought that teddy bear this afternoon. I think that's his handiwork."

He glanced over to see a teddy bear with a heart sitting on your table. He must have sent that right after their phone call. The bear was next to another bouquet that seemed nicer than his somehow. Especially when you set his down right next to them.

"Oh. Good." He rifled through the remaining contents. "There's a blanket and some clothes in here in case you needed them. That's about it."

"Thank you."

You sat in silence for a few minutes.

"What did the doctor say?"

"I should be okay to leave tomorrow. They're just making sure I don't have any additional problems."

"Good." He nodded slowly. "You had me worried."

"I did?"

"Well, yeah. Leave you alone for one day and you get into an accident."

You resisted the urge to roll your eyes. "Speaking of that, how did your meeting go? With the producer?"

Oh, right. He'd kind of forgotten in all the excitement.

"It's not going to work out. We have some...creative differences."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it."

You fell into silence once more. This one didn't last as long before Yoongi spoke up. "So, about this whole going out to drink with the employees thing..."

"You don't have to go. My father never did."

"Really?" He was starting to piece together a lot of things your father never did.