Ch. 49 - Different Directions

While he was growing up, Yoongi often feared that he'd become like his parents. Cold and interested in his own gains instead of anyone else's.

But the fact that he would rather you leave this wedding and risk making him and his family look bad in front of someone they wanted to get close to was more than enough to convince him that he had nothing to worry about.

"Come on, cab's waiting," he told you as he led the way outside. Your hand was gripped tightly in his so that you'd keep up.

A cab had indeed pulled up outside and the driver stepped out when he saw you.

"Mr. Min?"

"That's me. Please take her straight to the...which hospital are they at?"

You told him the name and the driver raised his eyebrows.

"Sir, that hospital is two hours--"

"I know," Yoongi interrupted. "I know how far it is but a family friend is dying. It's very important that she make it."

"All right. I'll do my best."

Yoongi turned to you. "Take this, make sure you get a ride back from the hospital. Don't stay there all night. I'll join you as soon as I can."

He handed you a credit card.

"And you, what was your name?"

"Kim Ryeowook, sir."

"Ryeowook. Hand me a pen if you have one, and some scrap paper."

"Okay."

"I want you to call me the minute you get to the hospital. Let me know that you arrived safe. And this should cover the cost including more gas."

The driver gingerly accepted a wad of bills from Yoongi's outstretched hand.

"Th-thank you, sir." He moved to open the passenger side door.

You were still standing there on the curb, clutching the card in your hand. Your brain registered what was happening, but it was processing very slowly.

"Yoongi?" He glanced at you. "I don't want to leave you here."

He smirked. "It's just a wedding. I'll be fine."

"But your parents--"

"If I get an earful from them, then that's my problem. You need to go."

He actually turned to head back inside but you grabbed him. Hugged him as tight as you possibly could.

"Thank you," you managed.

Ryeowook helped you into the car before returning to the driver side. Yoongi cleared his throat.

"You'd better not forget to call me, Ryeowook."

He quickly nodded his understanding before driving off. Yoongi stood there a few moments, watching the car drive off into the night.

Yeah, he'd definitely get an earful for this. 

"Oh Yoongi, there you are! You simply have to come speak to Mr. and Mrs. Lee!" His mother called as soon as he came back in.

"This is my son, Min Yoongi. He's the supervising director of a large shipping company not far from here."

Yoongi smiled and shook hands with the pair.

"And his wife...should be here somewhere."

"Actually, she wasn't feeling well. I sent her back to the hotel ahead of us."