Ch. 52 - Guidance

You saw it.

The lights of the car in front of you, practically blinding you until all you could see was white. Felt the swerve as you tried to dodge its path.

Heard that sickening crunch of metal. You were thrown from the impact, crashing through the window.

Mark's words echoed in your head before it suddenly went dark. Sorry it happened that way.

You bolted upright, hitting something right beside you in the process.

"What the hell?" Yoongi exclaimed as he sat up. He quickly turned on a lamp. "What happened?"

"Nothing. Bad dream," you replied softly. You were still catching your breath and trying to calm your racing heart.

"Didn't have to take it out on me," he mumbled to himself as he examined his arm. You'd punched him pretty good. He was sure to have a bruise in the next day or so.

You both sat in silence for a few minutes.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked.

"It was about the accident." That was all you felt like saying at this point. You weren't sure Mark was actually related to it and you couldn't prove it. Not unless Taehyung knew something but it seemed unlikely you'd get anything out of him.

Yoongi hummed in thought. "You've been driving a lot lately. I'll take over for a while."

"Really?"

"If it means I don't get punched anymore, I'm happy to do it."

You smiled a little as you settled back against the pillows. "Thanks."

"Don't get too used to it. I'll find a new driver eventually."

And you would have to drive yourself around again. Back to how it used to be. You quickly pushed that thought away.

"Oh, right. Did Siwon tell you what he found in the contract?"

"No, he said he wanted to tell us in person. We can schedule a time later."

You glanced at him. "Let's go this week."

"Are you sure? I figured we should leave this week open for...you know."

You did know. For the funeral when it came time for that. But you had no control over another man's death and you felt the need to make some progress with your situation.

"The sooner we can get an answer, the better."

"Hey," Yoongi said. "I'm sure you're happy to be rid of me and all, but don't forget, we're in this together. No rash decisions."

"All right."

"I'm serious."

"I know." You stifled a yawn. "It's almost a shame. Sometimes you're pretty good at being a husband."

He laughed softly. "Never thought I'd hear that."

"First time for everything, Min Yoongi." You rolled over. "Good night."

Choi Siwon closed and locked the door, a first for one of your meetings with him.

"Thank you both for coming. I wanted to make sure I could explain the situation fully and answer any questions you may have."

He pulled out the contract and flipped to an ear-marked page. "Your family's lawyer is very good, Yoongi. But there is one clause here that caught my eye." He pointed to a bulleted section and the two of you leaned closer to read it.