Ch. 16 - Dinner Party

Hoseok arrived at your home an hour early with Jungkook. He knocked on the door and only had to wait about five seconds for you to open the door.

"Hobi! How nice to see you."

"They're already here, aren't they?" he asked.

You nodded quickly. "Been here almost two hours. Ordering the catering staff around. Commenting on the mess of the house. Nitpicking everything I do..."

"Relax, Jungkook and I are trained in this."

At that exact moment, Jungkook came up from the driveway. He took one look at you and sighed before handing you a wrapped bottle. 

"Here, tell the caterer to pour Mrs. Min a nice big glass of it while I schmooze the old man."

"Thank you."

"Of course. Why do you think we're here so early?"

And with that, he had disappeared into the lion's den to find Mr. Min. 

Hoseok followed you into the kitchen, setting a bouquet of flowers he'd brought on the counter for you.

"Wait. Those are a perfect table setting!"

"They are?"

You grabbed a vase from your cabinet and set the flowers inside before making your way into the dining room.

Hoseok stayed out in the living room where everyone else was gathered. He could see how you were overwhelmed already. Yoongi was standing with your parents, a polite smile plastered on his face as he spoke with them. It was obvious that he was quickly reaching the end of his patience.

Mr. Min was now laughing uproariously at something Jungkook had said, clapping him on the back in delight.

"Mr. and Mrs. (L/N)! So good to see you," Hoseok exclaimed, making his way over to shake your father's hand and give your mother a brief hug. 

Meanwhile, you were dealing with the other issue here.

"Mrs. Min, I'm sorry to interrupt. Jungkook brought some wine for us, and I'd like it to be chilled before dinner," you said sweetly. 

She huffed. "Fine. You heard the girl, go chill the wine." She turned to you. "And what's that you're holding?"

"A table setting. They're lovely, don't you think?"

"They're a bit plain but I suppose they'll do. I don't suppose you'll handle the arrangement?"

"Of course. Mr...Choi, was it, still has to prep his assistants. Assuming we've settled everything?"

"Yes, yes. We'll see if he can remember what I've explained. And bring me a glass of wine when you're finished!"

The caterer shot you a grateful look before scurrying back into the kitchen to find the wine. The rest of the staff were currently hanging out in their van in the backyard, not allowed into the "event" until all details were arranged with Mrs. Min. 

You'd just given him the out he needed to get everything set up and get away from her in one go.

The second he was gone, Mrs. Min disappeared back into the living room. About ten seconds later, Yoongi came up next to you.

"How's it going?"

"Well, Jungkook brought wine and my parents love Hoseok," you explained. "So that's good for us."

He sighed in relief. "They got here just in time. Your parents spent the last twenty minutes quizzing me about the company. I was ready to pull my hair out."