Extras

As mentioned in the previous chapter, I had been thinking about doing an "extras" chapter to go over some of the thoughts behind this story.

So first, the original inspiration for this story came from a Persona 5 character, Haru Okumura. If you're not familiar with Persona 5 or that character, the basic idea is that Haru's father promised her hand in marriage to a politician for his own selfish reasons. Her fiance is an asshole, to put it mildly, but no spoilers.

I was also interested in trying a mafia/mob AU and that's originally what this was going to be. But I figured it would be hard enough trying one AU at a time so stuck with just the arranged marriage for this story and made it about the corporate world instead as originally inspired by Haru.

Characters

Reader/(Y/N) (L/N) - A stubborn and driven department manager. Although her father owns the company where she works, she's had to claw her way to her current position. Even that's not enough to show him that she has what it takes to succeed his position, as he hands it over to Yoongi instead. Believing that Yoongi is a lazy rich kid with no ambitions, this causes a lot of hostility between them at the beginning of their marriage. As noted by other people, for someone who's always had to work for what she wants, she has been known to shut down when things start suddenly to pile up and become more difficult. Eventually becomes the head of two merged companies thanks to the support of those who do believe in her.

Min Yoongi - A rebellious but truly kind-hearted songwriter and hopeful producer. All Yoongi wants to do is get his music produced and usually, that means burning the candle at both ends. His parents don't approve of his ambitions and that leads him to keep secrets and be distrustful of new people in his life. Although initially cold and rude to his new wife, he learns to open up when it's revealed that they're both unhappy in their marriage. Eventually, he creates a producer alter ego inspired by their situation and does find success with an entertainment company.

Kim Seokjin - Min Yoongi's driver turned caterer. Jin prides himself on his work, regardless of what that work is and never had any problems driving Yoongi or making sure that he was taking care of himself. After a particular sudden and scary accident, he finds himself unsure if he wants to continue in the same line of work and switches to work for a catering company. His family life is very strained, so he considers Yoongi and their group of friends the closest thing he has to a real family, so he's always happy to host and feed them when they get together. 

Author's Note: The original plan for Jin was that he would become the reader's driver instead of Yoongi's while he was away on work. He was originally going to go with Yoongi to his meeting with the first producer and hear that the reader got into an accident in his absence. This would cause him to redouble his efforts as a driver and not go with Yoongi to his meetings anymore so Yoongi would have to get another driver for work purposes. This idea was eventually replaced with the current version so that Jin wouldn't be just a driver but find another job he liked better. This also forced some Yoongi character development since he had to deal with the aftermath of the accident without him and Jin's eventual quitting.

Jung Hoseok - the owner and operator of Jung Dance Studio. Hoseok is a mutual friend of both the reader and Yoongi and finds it amusing how often two strong-willed people can get on each other's nerves. As a huge supporter of the arts, he spends his free time trying to scout new dance teachers for his studio and arrange performances and special projects to show what his students have been learning. He doesn't spend a lot of time looking for relationships as he considers work his most important commitment. 

Author's Note: Hoseok's character is the one that feels like there should have been more to it in my opinion. His studio is often mentioned but rarely used as a location. And a majority of what Hoseok and other characters talk about is only his studio. This is why there's an entire chapter dedicated to his showcase and several mentions of it beforehand, to show that he does put a lot of effort into things and that his friends are always ready to support him as he does for them.