Ch. 10 - New Ideas

Yoongi woke with a start, groaning as he sat back in his chair. He fumbled for his phone only to have it nearly blind him when he turned it on to check the time.

He winced, squinting to see that it was nearly 4 a.m. He sighed, waking his computer up again to see that he'd barely made any progress than when he'd started hours ago.

Truth be told, he didn't even remember falling asleep. He definitely remembered getting a creative burst earlier but it disappeared the moment he sat down at his desk to work. His actual work schedule was screwing with him.

He sighed again, wandering to the bathroom. He just had to make it through to the weekend and then he would be able to focus. He shivered as the air conditioning kicked in, pulling his hoodie tighter. His last thought before going back to sleep was that you'd better be warm in your bed.

"I think he's dead," you told Jin.

You were dressed and ready to go to work early again. You'd found Yoongi passed out on the couch, barely moving. If you weren't looking right at him, you could barely see the rise and fall of his chest as he slept.

You'd already tried waking him up by calling his name, shaking him, and waving coffee under his nose. That one had gotten a slight reaction but he continued to sleep soundly so you'd called Jin to come over and check on him.

Jin shook his head. "He does this a lot when he's stressed. Sit him up for a second, will you?"

He walked into your kitchen and pulled the ice tray from your fridge as you adjusted Yoongi. You watched Jin pluck one of the ice cubes from the tray and toss it down the back of Yoongi's hoodie, followed by one down the front as well.

"Ahhhhhh!" he screeched, eyes snapping open as he finally woke up. You quickly took a step back as he stood up to shake the ice cubes out of his clothes. "Kim Seokjin, what the hell?!"

"Morning, sleeping beauty," Jin chirped back. "It's time for work."

Yoongi sighed heavily, rubbing his hands over his face. "I'm going to kill you one day."

"I'll run you over before you can try. Now, get dressed, we're going to be late. Sip this while you go," he said, handing him the now lukewarm mug of coffee.

"This is cold."

"Well, it would've been warm if you'd woken up on time."

Yoongi shot him a cold glare before stomping up the stairs to go find clothes. You turned to Jin, impressed.

"You act like more of a wife than I do."

Jin chuckled. "It's all about understanding. I've known Yoongi a long time. You'll get there soon enough." He leaned closer. "And just a tip - if you're scared to do the ice, smacking him with a pillow works too. You need to shock him awake when he gets like that."

"Noted," you told him as you quickly gathered the ice cubes and tossed them in the sink. "And we're still on for lunch, right?"

"Of course! And what an honor to actually take you out for lunch. I knew I'd wear you down eventually." 

"And what about me?" Yoongi asked as he came down the stairs, still fiddling with his tie. 

"I packed an extra lunch for you," Jin said. "Hurry up, we're late."

He grumbled as he picked up his bag, following the two of you out. As he clambered into the car, he started fussing with the tie again.

"Do you want help?" you asked as he continued to struggle.