Ch. 59 - Crunch Time

You woke up to the sound of your phone ringing. You fumbled for it quickly, wondering who in their right mind was calling so early.

"Hel--?"

"I can take it back!" Hoseok exclaimed on the other end. 

"Hobi?" you muttered. "Take what back?"

"I had no idea that Jimin was supposed to be helping with your company. I didn't mean to make it harder for you. He doesn't have to work with me, I can take back my offer." You didn't reply for a moment, confused that Yoongi was nowhere to be seen. "Hello?"

"I'm here," you assured him. "Hoseok, honestly. You need the help and Jimin would work really hard. Don't worry about me."

"You're sure?"

"Yes. He said he'd help out as much as he can before he runs off and leaves me."

"Can I at least buy you lunch to apologize, then?"

"Sure." You finally picked yourself up out of bed. "But not today, I've got a lot of work to get done."

"So the same as any other day. Good to know," he teased. You said your good-byes and finished getting ready. On your way downstairs, you realized it was awfully quiet. You made sure he wasn't in any of the spare bedrooms first, then checked the couch and the downstairs bathroom.

Nothing.

The way his studio door was cracked slightly caught your attention. You made your way inside and saw that he was fast asleep, huddled over his desk with a blanket covering everything but his head. You sighed heavily.

He'd barely come out of his studio for the past two days, working day and night on tracks so he could impress a new producer. Part of you admired his commitment, but the rest of you was concerned about it. 

"Yoongi," you said softly. "Time to get up." 

He grumbled something in response but didn't move. 

"You need to shock him awake when he gets like this," Jin's voice echoed softly in your head. You unplugged his headphones from the computer and woke up the monitor.

You hit play on the first track.

Immediately, the loud sound of drums filled the room. Yoongi snapped awake and fumbled with the volume before finally muting it.

"I think I preferred the ice down my shirt," he mumbled with a heavy sigh. "What do you want?"

"It's Monday."

"So?"

"So you have to get ready for work."

"Not going."

"Yoongi, I know that working on your music is important to you, but you're still the director for now."

"Gotta call out. Have an appointment," he mumbled, pointing at a sticky note pressed firmly on the edge of his monitor: 2:30 pm - BSH

"What about our appointment with Jimin after work? Or did you forget?"

"I'll be there. Just need sleep first." He heaved himself out of his chair and trudged his way to the kitchen. "Maybe coffee."

You followed him, staring at him across the kitchen island. "You're really not going to go to work?"

He squinted at you, eyes still adjusting to the light of the kitchen. "I can't have my meeting at the office, there are too many distractions."

There was a long moment of silence between the two of you.

"Fine. I'll see you at Park Industries later."