Ch. 60 - Negotiations

The meeting had gone well. Jimin had introduced you to a few of his upper management staff. The ones that you'd be working closely with once the deal went through.

"These are my three foreign relations heads. Crystal Soo Jung works with China, Henry Lau handles Canada and some U.S. relations, and Minatozaki Sana helps with Japan."

Each of them bowed and said it was an honor.

"So you don't have an actual customer service department, it's just split into different areas or regions that you do business in?"

"That's correct. We do a lot of business with these three regions in particular, so it made sense to have someone in charge of each."

"In your notes, I thought you said something about having four foreign relations heads." Jimin, to his credit, had provided you with copious notes about the way his company was currently run so that you could determine the best ways to merge those processes into one when you took over. You'd been poring over as much as you could in preparation.

"Right, my Korea head. I had a meeting earlier in the week where I explained we were planning to merge our companies, and they put in their two weeks' notice. I thought it best not to include them."

You nodded slowly. 

"If you have a recommendation on your side, we can discuss that. But for right now, this is everyone who knows about the merge."

"You haven't told HR?"

Jimin shook his head. "Not until we know exactly who's staying and what will change for them. Don't want to cause a panic too soon."

"That's fair. So why don't we go around and you three can tell me what you need to start."

"What we need?" Henry repeated.

"Clients that you need to be handled in a particular way, partnerships in the office that you'll be relying on, what kind of meetings you handle with clients, anything that you could need done on a daily basis."

Crystal sat back in her chair. "That's a pretty long list."

"I'm sure it is, but if we're going to be working well together from day one, then I need that information. And it may help me find a replacement for your Korea relations position. Sana, why don't you start?"

The youngest team member seemed surprised you singled her out. But she spent a good few minutes describing her basic job duties and what kind of things her clients expected from her. Jimin sat quietly as Henry and Crystal did the same, letting you lead the meeting how you felt would be most beneficial to you. 

At the end of the hour, you thanked them for their time. Jimin walked you out of the building.

"Did you get everything you needed?"

You nodded. "I got a good start, at least. They're all very client-focused. Especially Sana, which is surprising."

"She's young, but no one else was a better fit for the job when my dad offered it to her." Jimin smiled. "So who's your pick for the new head?"

"I'm not telling you in case it doesn't work out. Besides, Yoongi and I need to go over our..." you stopped. "He never showed."

"I thought that was on purpose," Jimin admitted. "So you could make sure you were up to this."

You sighed. "Not on purpose, but it helped a little. Thanks, Jimin. See you at our office in a few days?"

"Of course. And who am I meeting?"

"Yesung for IT and Heechul for HR for now. Our other heads should be joining in later."

"Great. I'm looking forward to it."