Ch. 14 - Shareholder's Meeting

Yoongi had always considered himself to be calm under pressure. He'd been to enough of his parents' charity balls and important meetings to think he had a handle on it. 

Friends of his parents never expected much of him aside from light conversation. They did not expect him to know the inner workings of the charities they were donating to, or certain people associated with the charities themselves. They focused their attention solely on his parents for that kind of information.

This meeting was the exact opposite.

It had been set up in one of the larger conference rooms. Yoongi got there half an hour early per your instructions. Your parents were already there.

"Yoongi, there you are," your father greeted him warmly. "Nice and early, well done. Isn't my daughter with you?" 

"She went to change clothes first. Make sure she looked presentable." 

"No matter then. Come stand by me, we'll greet everyone when they come in."

He nodded, straightening his tie as he did so. You'd walked him through the basics of the meeting. Your parents were here as a courtesy, they'd leave once the meeting actually started. Your father was a big believer in the old "let a kid figure out for themselves how to swim instead of teaching them". But that didn't stop him from wanting to stroke his ego a bit and be the center of attention for a good ten minutes.

Yoongi would be leading the meeting once they were gone, presenting on the information that he'd gathered about the performance of the company over the past several months. Then there'd be a short question and answer session with the shareholders present. And his parents would be scrutinizing his every move, as well as yours to make sure you didn't overstep your bounds and take over the meeting somehow.

He doubted they really had to worry about that, but it was obvious they'd be doing it anyway.

The shareholders seemed very much like his parents' friends - older, judgmental, most of them obviously looking for a show. He could tell from the way they studied him when they walked in, criticizing him before he'd even opened his mouth.

"Jimin, is that you?" your father's voice dragged him from his thoughts.

Jimin. Where had he heard that name?

He turned to see a shorter man wearing a nice suit and tie that matched his pocket square. His hair was bleached blond. He had a bright smile and he had grasped your father's hands in both of his own as he came in.

"Nice to see you as always, Mr. (L/N). My father sends his regards."

"Tell that joker to call me sometime. He retired and forgot all about his old buddies."

"You know that's not true," he replied before turning his attention to Yoongi. "Nice to meet you, Mr. Min. Park Jimin, I believe we spoke over the phone recently."

And that's when it clicked.

"Yes, I believe we did. I'm glad my wife was able to walk you through your problem. I hope there won't be too many of those going forward."

Jimin gave him a tight-lipped smile before finding a seat at the conference table.

Yoongi was so busy glaring at him he almost didn't notice you come in. You definitely looked nice in your changed clothes, your hair pulled back neatly and a bright smile on your face.

"Hi, dad. Yoongi, are you all set?"

"Yeah, just greeting all the shareholders." 

"Sweetheart, I meant your presentation."