Ch. 9 - Lunch Dates

The next morning, you woke up pleasantly surprised. By the time you got dressed and ready to go, Yoongi was downstairs finishing a mug of coffee.

"Morning," you greeted him. "Nice to see you up early today."

He bit back a retort as he saw the ring on your finger. You'd been wearing it since the last week of your honeymoon. 

And it reminded him that both Jin and Tae had told him to play nice with you. He didn't want to get locked in an office again today.

"Jin will be here in five," he told you as he rinsed out his cup. You nodded your understanding and he made his way to the bathroom.

Within a few minutes, you heard Jin's car drive up. You grabbed your keys and stepped out to greet him.

"Good morning, Jin."

"Joining us today, are we?" he asked with a teasing smile.

"If you're not too mad about yesterday."

"Nonsense. I told you before that you're family, I'm always available for you. Is Yoongi up already?"

"He is," Yoongi commented from behind you. You turned to see that he had actually taken the time to shave and put on a tie today. And he even had his bag tucked neatly under his arm.

Jin smirked as he watched him lock the door. "Good to see you learned something after yesterday."

"I don't know what you mean," Yoongi huffed as he made his way to the car. Jin shot you a wink as you both followed.

The car ride was mostly silent aside from some small talk. You went into the building together, even stepping onto the elevator side by side. If Namjoon had been there already, he might have been impressed.

You stepped off on your floor first, giving him a small nod. He did the same in return, pressing the button to shut the doors so that he could get up to his own office.

Yoongi had no idea how anyone kept track of anything at this company. Between emails, meetings, and endless phone calls, he felt like he couldn't get any work done. He was reading emails as fast as he could but he didn't know who to send them to in order to make sure things were being handled. He had a directory of people's names and contact information but he couldn't remember who was who after just meeting them.

He tried to keep a check on the meetings he was supposed to be in, but some of them weren't on his calendar schedule. Apparently he needed to set those up himself. He was still hesitant to pick up the phone after his last screaming match with a client but tried anyway. He really tried.

By the time lunch had rolled around, he'd forgotten all about the binders he'd brought to study. And he almost forgot about his lunch with Hoseok until his phone lit up with a reminder text to not be late.

He shoved his work to the side and started down the hallway, cursing himself for losing track of time.

Hoseok stood up to hug his friend. "Look at you, a working man now."

"Shut up," Yoongi grumbled. Hoseok merely laughed, sitting back down so that they could order. "How's the studio?"

"Good, good. A lot of students are starting to work on their own routines to apply for performances or programs. I can't wait to see how they turn out."

"Isn't it too early for that?"

"Never too early to plan ahead," Hoseok replied. "Speaking of which, here's your key back. Everything's set up the way you needed it, right?"