Ch. 41 - Girls' Night

"Ready?" Amy asked as you settled yourself in your car. You nodded, sending a quick text to Sun.

Since Yoongi and the guys were having a fun night, you figured that you could do the same thing. It definitely beat hanging around in that big house all night by yourself. 

Amy was obviously down for the idea, and you'd invited Sun as well. You'd thought about inviting Mina but you figured she'd be busy with work. But you didn't want Sun to feel like a third wheel, so you decided to invite someone else.

Sun had already found a small booth by the time the two of you arrived.

"This is a nice place," she commented. The bar that you'd agreed on was on the smaller side, but there was a large dance floor and tables and booths sectioned off so that you could talk without a lot of interference. "Are we all here?"

"Actually, we're waiting on one more," you said as you spotted a familiar blond head over the crowd. You quickly waved her over.

"Hey! Sorry I'm late," Amber sighed. "I got caught up at dinner. I'm Amber," she said to Amy. 

"Amy, nice to meet you. We didn't mean to spoil your date."

She laughed. "No, no, Eric's just a friend. He's been working long hours, so I offered to treat him."

"I know an Eric like that. And a couple others, too," Amy added with a glance at you. You rolled your eyes. Amber smiled at Sun. 

"And how's my favorite receptionist?"

"Ready to drink. How about you?"

"Same. Let's get this party started!"

You ordered a round of drinks and stayed at the booth for the first hour, just talking and laughing together. Amy and Amber realized that they'd actually been talking about the same Eric (Nam) and were swapping stories about him. You hadn't expected them to get along so well.

"Hey guys! Say cheese," Sun said as she snapped a couple of pictures of the four of you.

You smiled. "Sending those to Joon?"

She nodded, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"He wanted me to text him every so often...make sure I was okay. He's sweet."

Amber almost choked on her drink. "You mean Kim Namjoon? Since when?"

"A couple of weeks." Her eyes widened. "But please don't tell Heechul."

"Don't worry, your secret's safe with me," Amber assured her with a wink. "I'm not telling that gossip anything he doesn't need to know. Besides, as long as you're professional about it, he won't even notice. Look at (Y/N) and Yoongi."

You glanced up. "Hm?"

"You don't act like you're married. As far as the office is concerned, you two only really act like co-workers."

"What can I say?" you replied. "We're private people. Plus, the situation was weird enough. We got married and he took over the company practically overnight."

Amber nodded. "You've got a point. But it seems like you're getting the hang of it now. You make a pretty good team together."

You hadn't expected that. From any of your co-workers, but certainly not Amber. You weren't sure what to say.

"Thank you."

After a few more minutes, Amy suggested that you all get up and dance for a bit. You followed her lead and danced together to some song that you'd never heard before with thumping bass. It wasn't long before you saw a small crowd gathering nearby and you went over to check it out.