Ch. 61 - Offers

Yoongi picked up his cell phone. "Hello, this is Yoongi."

"Yoongi, hello. It's Choi Siwon. I got your voicemail and thought I'd call you back. How are the preparations going?"

"They're going well," Yoongi reported as he sat back in his desk chair. "We should be holding a shareholder's meeting in the next two months or so, and we'll have plenty of new shareholders to help us out."

"I'm glad to hear it. I'm sorry that we can't buy any ourselves, but..."

"You need to remain neutral to be able to break the contract, we understand. We appreciate as much as you've done. That's actually why I called you." Yoongi lowered his voice slightly. "We're going to have a party to celebrate everything - the contract breaking, the company merging, etc. For appearances' sake, we're obviously inviting our parents as well."

"I think I see where this is going," Siwon said with a chuckle. "You want me there in case they try to protest?"

"Exactly. And as a thank you for all that you've done, of course."

"Normally I would advise against planning a celebration so far ahead, but if it works out, I'd be more than happy to come."

Yoongi grinned. "Great. We'll make sure you get an official invitation."

"I appreciate it, Yoongi. I wish you both the best, and my door's always open for anything else you need."

"Thanks. Have a good one."

"We want to offer you a position," Mingyu said.

"That sounds like he doesn't already work here," Seungcheol muttered.

Mingyu sighed. "Fine. We'd like to offer you a new position. Up until now, you've been doing really good work with each of our teams, getting to know their process. We want you to become one of our cook staff."

"Really?" Jin asked. "But I thought you had your roles figured out."

"We do for the most part," Seungcheol agreed. "But if all four of us are working on a large-course meal, that means that we're all focused on that and not the event as a whole."

"And while you do some excellent plating and decorations, you obviously know your way around a kitchen. I'm not always available to take inventory or do meal prepping before a big event, so we think helping with those duties is where you'd fit best," Mingyu added.

Jin smiled. "I won't let you down."

"We know you won't. But if it's all right with you, we'd like to wait until you come back from your vacation. Then we can get all of the training and paperwork done together."

"Of course."

"Great." Mingyu offered him a handshake and a large grin. "Looking forward to having your support in the kitchen."

"Thank you. Both of you."

"Here's your receipt," Mina said. "You two have a great day."

Jimin thanked her with a smile. Hoseok called after her. "Thought any more about my offer?"

"I really appreciate it, Hoseok. But I don't think I have the time right now."

Hoseok nodded his understanding. "All right...let me know if you change your mind."

She smiled politely and left. Jimin glanced after her.

"Are you trying to hire her?"

"Momo's leaving in the fall for grad school, so I'm down an instructor. Mina's done ballet for years and she has time to come to classes. Her parents support the arts, but no matter how many times I offer, she says no." Hoseok grabbed his coat. "Maybe I'm wasting my time."