Ch. 63 - Potential

Earlier that day...

Once again, the flight was full of nerves. Yoongi felt the same as last time, knowing full well the offer to create a contract could still fall through. But this time, Jin was there distracting his friend with dad jokes and snacks.

Yoongi tried to occupy his mind by actually watching the in-flight movie this time instead of sleeping.

But it was some cheesy romantic comedy and it made him think about you.

"Yoongi, are you listening?" Jin said suddenly. Yoongi snapped to attention.

"Sorry, what?"

"I asked if you wanted some more water."

Yoongi realized the flight attendant was there, patiently awaiting an answer. "No, thank you," he said.

"Just a bit more for me, then. Thank you!" Jin glanced at his friend as soon as she was gone. "You nervous?"

"Of course I am, Jin," he groaned. "Last time I did this, someone tried to steal my songs."

"First of all, he was an ass. Second of all, you said you had a good feeling about this guy. So I doubt anything would happen. But just let this Bang guy try that and see what happens. I'll take him on myself."

"Jin, don't make trouble for yourself."

"Excuse me?! I'm only making trouble for him. You think I can't direct who I'm making trouble for at my age? Have more faith in your elders," he huffed.

That got a small smile in response. "Okay, okay. I appreciate it. But there's no guarantee I'll get anything out of this meeting anyway."

"After taking a plane to meet him? He'd better offer you something."

Thankfully, the attendant came back with his water then and that distracted Jin enough that Yoongi didn't have to answer.

He knew that there was a chance he could leave empty-handed, just like last time. He wanted to believe this time would be different, but only time would tell.

By the time the plane landed, it was mid-afternoon. The pair had gotten on an early flight so they'd have time to check-in and their hotel and eat on the way.

Airplane food was fine, but it did very little to settle the nerves, as Jin pointed out. They freshened up first, then found a small restaurant close to the building they'd be meeting in and ate there. Mostly Jin ate. Yoongi used the opportunity to try to smooth out the non-existent wrinkles in his shirt. He'd opted for a more casual look this time and he was wondering if that had been a mistake.

"Yoongi?" Jin asked as he took a sip of his drink.

"What?"

"Want to hear a joke about pizza?"

Pizza?" He repeated. "Might as well."

"Never mind, it's too cheesy!"

There was a moment of stony silence before Yoongi looked around for their waitress. "We're ready for the check, please."

"Hey, don't ignore my joke!"

"Jin, I'm really not in the mood for food jokes."

"Fine." He played with the straw in his drink. "Do you know how much a chimney costs?"

"No."

"It shouldn't cost anything, it's on the house!"

"Please stop." But Jin didn't miss the small smile on Yoongi's face.