Ch. 45 - Showcase

The room was silent except for the scratching of pen on paper. 

Sitting on the table in front of you sat two identical binders, one with your version of the contract, and the other with Yoongi's.

Yoongi finished his signature on the release form and handed it over to Choi Siwon. He took it and nodded to himself. 

"Thank you again for letting me look over this," Choi Siwon said. "As I've already stated, you don't have to pay us unless we do find a way to break it for you. I assure you that we'll handle this with the utmost discretion."

"How long before you can tell us anything?" Yoongi mustered.

"Since there are two different versions, I'll have to examine them individually and make notes to compare. I want to be thorough, so I'd expect that you can hear from me in about two months' time. It may not take that long once I get started, but I don't want to put the cart before the horse."

You nodded your understanding. "Thank you, again. We appreciate it."

"It's my pleasure. We don't get a lot of things like this anymore, and I'm looking forward to the challenge." He stood up. "I'll call you as soon as we have something."

You both shook his hand on the way out, Yoongi furiously checking his phone the second you were outside.

"We'll make it in time," you assured him. Hoseok's showcase was starting soon, and Yoongi was worried you'd miss the beginning if you met with Choi Siwon first. Unfortunately, right after work had been the only time you were free to go and sign the release together.

The two of you got home quickly, splitting up to change for the showcase. Yoongi threw on a red button-up with black slacks and matching shoes. He opted to go without a tie or jacket over it as the performance hall would be warm enough anyway.

He had just finished tying his shoelaces when he heard you start back down the stairs. 

"Oh." He raised his head to see what you were looking at, but the words died in his throat. You were wearing a deep red dress that stopped just under your knees. Black flats and a black cardigan, hair in a half updo. "Hard to believe we didn't plan this," you joked as you gave him a once over.

"Yeah." He cleared his throat. "Ready to go?"

 You made quick work of locking up and leaving again. You made it to the performance hall in record time, easily spotting Amy and Jin and moving to sit by them.

"Made it by the skin of your teeth," Amy breathed as the lights dimmed. You and Yoongi sighed in relief. 

Hoseok usually only had the funds to do a showcase once a year if he was lucky. If he had the funds, he'd probably put one on every month. Even though he was the "director" of the performances, he loved letting his teachers and students do whatever they wanted with their dance ideas. In his words, this was their time to shine and show their strong points as dancers and learners of the craft. Some of his students even used this as part of their applications to dance schools.

So every time there was a showcase, it never disappointed. Shindong's class started off strong with a heavy hip-hop theme. His students were well versed in the fast, precise movements that came with that type of music (as well as Shindong's personal specialty which was popping).

It was easy to figure out Kai's performance as they were always high energy and involved a lot of focused movement. He and his students often experimented with timing, different formations, and a lot of footwork. The re-mixed EDM track that he'd chosen allowed them to highlight all of those things really well.