Ch. 2 - The Honeymoon

You woke up with a start, staring around at the unfamiliar room before remembering where you were. You took a deep breath and dragged yourself to the bathroom to shower.

You weren't sure what you expected to happen when you got here. The driver had gotten your bags. Yoongi had helped you with your dress before unlocking the door. He took the bags, shut the door, and turned to face you.

"There are four bedrooms in here," he said. "I'm taking the master, you take any of the other three you want. We'll leave the other two open for guests. And don't wake me up early."

And with that, he'd brushed past you. 

"What guests?" you asked as he rounded the corner of the hallway. But you received no response. You sighed heavily and picked up your bags. You slowly wandered around, marveling at how big the place was. You'd never seen his actual family's home, but you assumed it was even more impressive.

You eventually found a bedroom after opening about five other doors in this maze of a hallway and decided it was fine. This wasn't your real home and you were going to fall asleep standing up soon if you weren't careful.

After setting your bags down, you started looking around. King-sized bed, check. Walk-in closet, check. Connected bathroom, check. Balcony view....you paused at that one, stepping out to look at the mountains surrounding this place. It was night by now, and the stars twinkled down at you from above.

It was beautiful. But it wasn't yours. Not really.

You shut the doors and went to the bathroom. Your dress was fairly simple, so you didn't need someone else's help to take it off. Which was great, because the way Yoongi had acted earlier you might be better off sleeping in it than asking for help from him.

After putting on some fresh pajamas, you washed your face and brushed your teeth. As you went to put your toothbrush back, you saw it.

The beautiful diamond ring on your left hand. The symbol of your fake eternal love for each other. You yanked it off and left it in the bathroom. You couldn't stand to look at it right now. You went to sleep not long after.

You glanced at it when you got out of the shower. But you quickly left again, leaving it there. No one was going to make a fuss about you not wearing it. The only one here was your fake husband and you doubted he'd care.

This vacation home was in a remote area of the mountains, so it was out of reach of good wi-fi. Which was exactly why your parents had suggested that you go here for your honeymoon out of all the other options available to you. And his parents had accepted that idea whole-heartedly. 

Without wi-fi, you couldn't do any work for the company. They were trying to aggravate you. Force you to accept that Yoongi would be running it when you got back. But there was no way you were doing that. You doubted he even knew anything about your company, it would be a circus without your help.

You'd already put away your things before you went to sleep last night. So you got dressed and made yourself some breakfast. They'd known you were coming, but you were still impressed by the amount of groceries available to you. 

After eating, you figured you'd read a book or something. They certainly had plenty they weren't using.

By the time lunch had rolled around, you started hearing shuffling from another part of the house. You went back to your food and ignored it as best as you could.

Yoongi trudged into the kitchen, staring blankly at you before moving towards the coffee maker.

There was an icy silence between the two of you. Not that you'd expected anything different. He drank his coffee at the counter, you read at the table.

"Where's your ring?" he asked after a few moments.

"In the bathroom."

"That ring belongs to my family."

"Well, I don't. You might be my "husband" according to that deal, but that doesn't mean you're in charge of me. And I'm not wearing it just to please you and your family," you spat. 

He slammed his coffee cup on the counter. "It's an heirloom. Try to show a little gratitude."

"Gratitude for what? Ruining my life?"

"If I knew you were going to be this stubborn about wearing one ring, I would have--"

"Would have what?" you pressed.

He stared at you for a long moment before turning away. "Forget it. I don't have to explain myself to you."

"Fine." You stood up. "I'm going for a walk."

"Oh, no you're not."

"Well, I'm not staying here now that you're awake."

"Then have Jin take you into town or something. Don't go running off by yourself."

"What? Scared I'm going to leave you without your precious inheritance?"

Yoongi crossed the room in exactly three steps, staring you down in the process. "You don't know anything about me. So don't start acting like it now," he growled before taking a step back. "You will not leave this house without an escort. So either go with Jin or stay here, but do not bother me anymore today. And put that ring back on. It costs more than your house."

If your blood wasn't boiling, you might have been able to think of a retort. But instead you settled for storming down the hall and slamming your door like a child.

How could you have gotten stuck with someone like this as your husband? How were you supposed to survive two weeks of this?

One thing was for sure, you were not staying here. So as soon as you heard Yoongi leave the kitchen, you put on your shoes and slipped out the front door.