Chapter 5

" Vrushali, why aren't you ready yet? I've told you to be ready early " Karna said with a frown as he entered vrushali's room. " Nath, I am ready, I was just checking whether, I've taken all this gifts for sakhi bhanumati and her twins " Vrushali said checking all the gifts. " Okay, after you are done, tell the daas to keep everything in rath . Supriya would be waiting for us in hastinapur" Saying this karna left.
" Vedangi, you have to behave like a good girl, when you reach hastinapur. Okay " Vrushali explained her and came to the main gate holding her hand.

Vrushali, karna and vedangi sat in one rath and the boys were seated in another rath. " Maa, how would the girl child look? What will be her name? " Vedangi asked with curiosity.
" They both are just 3 days old vashusaini, their name is yet to be decided " Karna said patting her head.
" Then what will they both call me? " .
" Vedangi, you decide with her, what will she call you, when you meet her " Vrushali answered. Throughout the journey vedangi kept on asking questions about bhanumati's daughter and karna vrushali got tired answering her curious mind.
---------------------------------------------------------
" This palace is so huge, compared to our home, pitashree . And there are so many soldiers here " Vedangi said hiding behind karna and adoring the palace of hastinapur. " Because our kingdom is a small part of this kingdom " Karna said lifting her in his arms. Vrushali, karna along with vedangi and vrishasen reached bhanumati's chamber. As soon as vedangi saw supriya sitting beside bhanumati , she jumped from karna's arms and ran towards her.

Supriya came forward, lifted vedangi in her arms and kissed her forehead.
" You made me wait so much vashu " Supriya said hugging her. Bhanumati's face had a frown and she was looking at vrushali in mock anger. " What's the reason for your frown now behna? " Karna asked bhanumati. " Nothing to you bhrata, I am angry on my sakhi " Bhanu answered gazing at vrushali.

" Sorry sakhi, I know, I am late, look I've brought your favourite sweets " Vrushali said sitting beside Bhanu.
" No, I won't let go my anger until you feed me with your hands " Bhanumati's frown faded and everyone broke into laughter. Vrushali fed bhanu . Away from them all vedangi was busy adoring the sleeping girl, who was now awaken and was looking at vedangi.

" Bhanu kaki, she looks so innocent, she is so beautiful, and her eyes, she is filled with innocence and cuteness " The little girl smiled listening to this.
Vedangi felt immediate attraction towards the daughter of bhanumati.

" Jyeshtha rani, I am talking vashu with me in the garden to play " Vedangi held supriya's finger and they went to the garden. Vedangi was amused to see the beauty of the garden. Many types of flowers, butterflies were dancing, leaves and, grass were flowing with the wind. Vedangi ran freely here and there. She tried to catch the butterflies, but they ran away.

" Who is there? " Came a gentle voice

" Who is there? " Came a gentle voice. vedangi came running and hid behind supriya. There came a man cladded in white saree , vedangi covered her face with supriya's aanchal as she saw the woman.

" Pranipat kunti maa" Supriya payed respect to kunti and gestured vedangi to touch her feet. " When did you all come supriya? " Kunti asked holding her hand gently. Vedangi moved forward and touched kunti's feet.
" Khush raho putri " Kunti blessed her.

" I came few days back, but arya , jyeshtha rani and kids came today "
" Karna is here " Kunti smiled to herself. " Who is this girl? " Kunti questioned. " She is our daughter, jyeshtha rani's daughter " Kunti immediately pulled vedangi close and Caressed her cheeks. " Karna's daughter " Kunti murmured and kissed vedangi's forehead. Just then vedangi's mangtika slided and came over her eyes. Kunti herself held her close and arranged her mangtika.

Supriya was bit amazed to see this, kunti was looking at vedangi affectionately

Supriya was bit amazed to see this, kunti was looking at vedangi affectionately. " Take care of her supriya " Kunti cupped her face and left. Supriya still kept staring at kunti.

" Priya mata, who was she? " Vedangi asked pulling supriya's aanchal. " She was the rajmata of hastinapur " Supriya answered. " She is so affectionate " Vedangi said innocently as they both walked back towards bhanu's chamber. Vrushali and bhanu were talking like sisters separated from a long time. " You both are enjoying keeping me aside " Supriya said with a frown. Bhanu gestured supriya to sit besides them and then begun a session of never ending talk of the three women.
---------------------------------------------------------
The whole palace of hastinapur was decorated, everyone was busy in preparations. Chitrasen stood in one corner, holding vedangi in his arms, gazing everywhere. " Who would name her? " Vedangi asked fidgeting with chitrasen's hair. " Aacharya of hastinapur, kripacharya " .

" Why is his name so different? ". " Veda, what would you take to keep this little mouth of yours shut " Chitrasen said keeping his finger over vedangi's lips. Vedangi gave a big grin and continued playing with his hair.

Everyone's attention was drawn, towards the entrance, when duryodhan and bhanumati entered with their new born kids in their arms. They both reached the place where all the elders of family were standing. Kripacharya took the new born boy in his hands and named him, ' lakshman ' . Echo of claps was heard in the palace.

Then he took the new born girl in his hand and named her ' lakshmana '.
Everyone again clapped and then presented their gifts to the kids and their parents.
-------------------------------------------------------
How much I have longed to highlight the bond between bhanumati-supriya- vrushali. This is how I've thought their bond would be.

Wishing you all a very happy new year ❤may your year be filled with happiness and success❤❤