Chapter 48

Slanting rays of sun were spread across the palace of matsya, Shvet was busy going through some parchments, when Vedangi wound her arms around his neck. A smile spread on Shvet's lips, after whole day's tiring work, this is all he wants to make him feel better, her presence. " How many times have I told, don't read in dim light, it may harm your eyes " She complained taking away the parchments from his hand and placing them neatly on the side table.

Shvet laid his head on her lap as she ruffled his hair lovingly, " Nath, aren't you bored sitting in palace whole day? " She asked with extra sweetness. Shvet narrowed his eyebrows, sensing something fishy, " You want to go out? " He asked sitting on the bed, " Yes, for a sneak out " Vedangi replied innocently with puppy eyes. Shvet slapped his forehead, " If you would say with such innocence and cuteness, who would decline " He answered pulling her cheeks, " Means, we are going, yeah " She squealed and hugged him.
************************************
Next morning Shvet completed an important meeting with the ministers and vedangi gave instructions for lunch to the dasis before hand. " You are late " Vedangi complained with a pout as Shvet entered their chamber, she was ready wearing a simple dress and had kept clothes ready for him.
" You seem to excited " Shvet asked having a look at his clothes, " Yes, I am. Because I am going to go on a sneak out, almost after a year. I never went on sneak out after that incident.... " Vedangi stopped abruptly remembering the day, when those three men tried to rape her.

" Swamini, let go the bad memories " Shvet said placing his palm on her shoulder, " Let's go, we have to return by evening and yes, for precaution, I have informed pitashree about it ". Shvet quickly changed into normal clothes and both of then sneaked out of the palace through back door. Vedangi sighed in relief as she breathed fresh air, Shvet looked at her with admiration. She held Shvet's hand and began wandering freely.
************************************
Roaming, they came near the city market, excited Vedangi hurried to small stalls, where cute jewellery were displayed for selling. Shvet bought a pair of earrings and necklace for her, while vedangi bought a silver chain for him. " Erh! May I know why are we buying this, we have so many jewellery sets " Shvet said, tired by her tantrums to select jewellery, " For our next sneak out " Vedangi answered giggling. Shvet slapped his forehead and followed her, as she ran to the next stall to buy rings.

After done with shopping for uttara, shankh and uttar too, Vedangi was feeling hungry, she pulled Shvet to a nearby stall where a man was selling friters ( bhajiya) . " Swamini, you shouldn't eat from outside, you may fall ill " Shvet stopped her, " Please nath, I am really feeling hungry " She insisted. After thinking for some time shvet agreed, only after warning her that she would have to drink kadha, so that she doesn't fall ill.

To their astonishment, the owner of the stall was having an argument with three people. " What happened? " Shvet asked , as the yuvraj in him rose. " Mahoday, five coins from my earnings are missing and I suspect one of these three have stole them " The owner replied. Vedangi pulled her veil till her nose, to hide her identity, while shvet moved forward to help them, " Let me help you mahoday, may I get a pot of fresh water " He requested and one of the few people gathered there, immediately bought a pot.

" Now one by one, all three of you will drop all coins you are possesing in this pot " The three men exchanged glances, " And why should we follow your orders . I haven't done anything" One of them said. " If you know that you haven't done anything, then why do you fear? " Vedangi said, making the people around nod in support. The first person came and dropped his coins in the pot and looked at Shvet, who nodded positively and gestured another person to drop his coins.

The second man dropped his coins in the pot and looked at Shvet, " What are you going to do! Would we know the thief or is it just timepass " One of the spectators said. " Let the last person drop his coins mahoday, we would thief after this " Shvet answered. The last person came forward with fear in his eyes, he slowly dropped all his coins in the pot. Vedangi tiptoed to see what's happening, as she was confused what was Shvet trying to do. As the third man's coins landed in the pot as small layer of oil came on the water.

A smile spread on Shvet's lips, " We have got the thief " Shvet announced.
" What! You mean I am the thief! How can you say so, explain me " The person screamed. " If your side is true, there's no need to scream " Vedangi stood in front of him. " Mahoday, how can you tell this man is the thief " The owner asked, " You all saw a later of oil that floated on this water, as soon as this man dropped his coins. When we came here we saw, the owner of this stall was keeping the coins with his oily hands. There was oil on these coins and hence we've got the thief " Shvet explained.

All the spectators praised Shvet and owner of the shop also thanked Shvet.
" Send this man to the palace and ask rajkumaar Shankh to look after this case . A person who steals someone else's hard earned money shouldn't be forgiven " Shvet announced, held Vedangi's hand and walked away from there. Vedangi looked at him with astonishment, he never failed to amaze her, she felt herself lose herself in depths of his love day by day. " I never knew, you are this clever too " She spoke still mesmerized.

" What did you thought, I am only handsome? " Shvet answered, making her gasp. " When did I say, you are handsome? " She fought back, Shvet would his one hand around her shoulder, " That night, when we were lost in the forest " He winked. Vedangi gasped and shrugged of his hand, walking ahead of him, making him nod fondly. As they walked ahead towards the ganesha temple and shocking Secenario awaited them.
Both of them looked shocked and hurried towards the place.......

To be continued
************************************
Hey, my lovely readers, the part is here.
How was Shvet's idea? Guess what did they saw near the temple?
Hope you liked reading this part, let me know through your comments, they are much important for me💖.