Chapter 36

" Bhabhi... Where are my earrings, I can't find them! " Vedangi almost screamed but snigdha was bit busy looking for the things required for vaagdaan. " Dasi, help her out, I have to go with the gifts for groom's family urgently " Snigdha ordered, trying hard to hold all the things in her hands. " Sinu! Are you done, everyone is waiting " Bhanu said coming in the room, her gaze fell on vedangi, who was wearing her earring sitting in front of the mirror.

" Meenu, you are looking too pretty " She commented and planted a kiss on her cheek, " I would send lakshu and maitri " Snigdha said as both ladies walked out of the room. Vedangi again sat in front of the mirror, when she felt two palms covering her eyes. She gasped as she recognised, who it was,
" Yuvraj! " She rose on her feet.
" Firstly stop calling me yuvraj! I am going to be your pati soon " Shvet whined. " You are ' going to be ' . And secondly what are you doing here! It's our vaagdaan in few minutes " Vedangi exclaimed.

" I am here to check on my pretty to - be wife " He held her hands and caressed her knuckles. " Done with your checking, now go everyone must be searching for you " Vedangi looked at him with mock anger, " You know what vedu, you are looking utterly gorgeous " He said with a flirty smile, vedangi tore gaze from him and looked towards the floor, her cheeks flushing. " I am concerned that some princess would get smitten by you today and I would have to suffer polygamy " Vedangi mock whined, rubbing her index finger on the plate of kajal , tip toeing and placing it behind shvet's ear.

" Nahi.. Maine kuch nahi dekha "
( no I didn't see anything) came a voice from the door. Both of them separated hurriedly and turned towards the door, uttar was standing there his eyes closed. " Uttar! " Said Vedangi tightening her lips. Uttar opened his eyes and bit his tongue.
" Bhabhi I thought to tease you both, but I was here only to search for jyeshth, let me take him " Uttar said in between his giggles.

" Yes Uttar, please take your jyeshth, he is troubling me " Vedangi almost pushed him out of the room and sat on her bed. Thinking how far they had come! From their first meet, their sweet talks, meets in the temple, she proposing him, his confession, their fights and now finally their wedding!
She sighed in happiness, her cheeks coated in shades of pink, she was finally going to be his! The dream they had saw together was soon to be fulfilled.
************************************
" Call the vadhu " The raaj purohit said. Vedangi came, lakshmana and maitreyi behind her in the Hall, her family, shvet's family and all the other guests were waiting for her. The raaj purohit was chanting some mantras, shvet was already sitting there along with shankh. He was wearing a golden dhoti and a golden angavastra ,his heavenly smile added to his royalty and vedangi could see princesses drooling over him. His straight hair brushed his shoulders and his golden earrings shining between them.

Vedangi was wearing a red lehanga with yellow odhni, which matched her complexion

Vedangi was wearing a red lehanga with yellow odhni, which matched her complexion . The Pearl jewellery adorned her beauty more, her hair strands dancing with the slight breeze.

( please ignore the mangalsutra) She settled besides shvet as the raaj purohit continued chanting the mantras

She settled besides shvet as the raaj purohit continued chanting the mantras. " Bring the rings " He asked.
Lakshmana and shankh brought the rings, shvet and vedangi's eyes met for a second, a wave of happiness passed through their minds. Shvet slid the ring through vedangi's ring finger.
Lakshmana then gave the ring to vedangi, she slowly slid the ring in shvet's finger.

Flowers were showered, everyone clapped and hailed them. They were finally engaged, vedangi peeped through shvet's eyes, only to see pure love in them. Supriya cracked her knuckles near her forehead looking at them ( najar utarna) . Gifts were exchanged between both the families. They both then took the blessings of raaj purohit, " May you both stay together hundreds of years " He blessed. Then they both moved to take blessings of all the elders.
************************************
A huge Hall, some decorations were done on a platform, all guests settled on the chairs arranged. " A very good evening to you all " Came a female voice from the stage, " We welcome you for this secret sangeet of our meenkashi " Came another voice. As everyone's attention turned towards the stage, they saw durva and bhanu standing with huge grins.

Lakshmana and uttara had planned a secret sangeet for vedangi, only with their close relatives. " Pranipat to the king, queen, mahamantri and yuvraj of hastinapur " Durva began, " Pranipat to the king, queen and senapati of matsya. " Bhanumati added. " Pranipat dwarkadhesh shri krishna and maharani jambvati " Durva continued, " And finally to the king, queen and yuvraj of sindhu " Bhanu concluded.

" Before we start this session, let us tell you that this all is organised by lakshmana and uttara. Me and durva are anchoring this sangeet because they both are busy preparing for the performances " Bhanumati said. Shvet entered there along with shankh, " So here we welcome the yuvraj of matsya and our to- be jamai ji yuvraj shvet " Shvet smiled and settled on a couch in the front row.

On the other side:
" Bhaiya, saree is more comfortable, I don't want to wear lehanga and shat bhaiya why are you making me wear these Jwelleries? " Vedangi whined like a child, as her brothers forced her to wear a white lehanga and matching jewellery, without telling any reason.

" Ahh! Now my tai looks like a fairy or apsara! " Dvipat commented, " Dvi, you mean to say I don't look good usually " Vedangi widened her eyes.
" By the way who told you, you are looking good now? " Banasen chuckled. " Bhaiya! " Vedangi whined and was about to hit banasen, but shatrunjay held her wrist, " Enough now, come with us " He said, " But where? " Vedangi asked.

Shatrunjay hinted prasen to tie a cloth on vedangi's eyes and he did.

At the back side of the stage :
" Don't fear choti angrani " Samb was trying to calm supriya, " Putra, I am doing something like this for the very first time " She bit her nails. " Angrani you are performing this for you dear daughter, it's going to be fabulous " He encouraged.

" Now everybody listen! Jijashree have came in the Hall, tai would be there in five minutes, keep yourself calm and don't take any type of tension " Lakshmana announced, when her own heart was thumping.

Banasen, shatrunjay, prasen and dvipat took vedangi near the door of the Hall and the door flung open, the all walked besides vedangi covering her from four sides and finally opened the cloth on her eyes. Vedangi's gasped and her eyes widened and few tears formed. " My sangeet! " She exclaimed mentally.

To be continued in next chapter...
************************************
Hey, my lovely readers the next chapter is here.
Hope you liked reading this part, let me know through your comment, they are much important for me💖.