Chapter 49

There was lady lying in the shade of a tree, her clothes were dishellved and her body showed signs of molestation. Shvet shut is eyes tightly as both of them ran to the woman to help her, she seemed almost 5-7 years elder than vedangi. Shvet went near a pond to fetch some water, while vedangi wrapped her veil around the woman's body. After much efforts the lady opened her eyes slightly, " are you fine mahodaya? Who did this to you ?" Vedangi asked as tears welled up in her eyes.

" I don't know him,but...he...he... Raped me...dev..devi " the lady cried in vedangi's arms. Vedangi rocked her eyes and made her drink water, after sobbing for much time,the lady calmed down. " How would I face my husband and children now! My husband would kick me out of the house,who would look after my children " the lady murmured. " Devi, it isn't your fault,you won't be harmed. We would help you,we are yuvraj and yuvrani of this kingdom " shvet said assuring her. Shvet and vedangi then took her to the palace and made her rest in special chamber besides vedangi's.

" Enjoyed the sneak out " shvet asked settling besides Vedangi. " Partly " vedangi answered smiling, " the lady's family would be searching for her ".
" We would take her to the court tomorrow, so that she would get justice " shvet said, " won't people taunt her, a man has touched her wrongly, would her husband accept her ?" Vedangi asked concerned. " If she would receive justice and the culprit would get punished why won't he accept her . And firstly, what's her fault in this ??" Shvet expressed.
" Everyone isn't like you nath, people consider molested women as culprits" vedangi tightened her lips.

" I am concerned,what if that lady's husband doesn't accept her? What would happen to her,how traumatized she would be " Shvet shook his head. " He would have to accept her! She isn't a culprit she is a victim. I won't let any injustice happen to her " Vedangi knotted her eyebrows. " Swamini ! Don't get hyper , she would be safe, me and Shankh would see to it ,okay?" Shvet held her hand and Vedangi nodded in yes.
************************************
Matsyaraaj virat was seated on his throne, besides him, but a step lower were Yuvraj Shvet and Rajkumar Shankh, other ministers were seated on silver thrones a step lower to princes. Matsyarani Sudeshna and yuvrani Meenakshi were in a balcony , a transparent curtain in front of them. After the pre ordained discussions , maharaj asked Vedangi to bring that lady in front of the court.
" Bring that lady yuvrani, she would receive justice " he said.

Vedangi asked Aradhika to bring that lady, she was trembling with fear ,her gaze was lowered as if she was feeling guilty of herself. " Be comfortable mahodaya tell the court everything that happened with you . You would definitely recieve justice " Sudeshna spoke. That lady joined her palms in front of the king and other royals, after much hesitation she began to speak. " My name is jyoti, I am a poor shudra woman, me and my family clean to steps of Ganesha temple near yamuna river. I live with my husband , his old mother and my two sons. Yesterday my husband had gone to neighbouring village for some work, I was cleaning my house,when someone came to the door asking for water " she stopped and gulped before narrating further, Aradhika rubbed her back to comfort her.

" When I went to give water,that person held my hand and pulled me near a tree. He was a royal. I begged him to not to harm my honour, but he didn't stop. He maligned my body as well as my character , he threatened me that if I didn't allow him,my family would be killed. " Vedangi's head started started spinning as the memories of her past ran in her mind. After drinking a glass of cool water, she felt better. " When I would walk down the streets , people would call me a prostitute, my children would be humiliated , my husband would throw me out of the house. I want justice king. I want justice " Jyoti broke into tears .

" You would receive justice Jyoti , but you would have to help us to identify the person who did this to you . Do you remember his face ? " Matsyaraj said comforting her. Jyoti lowered her gaze , running her eyes throughout the court and nodded in a yes. " Okay. Call the royal artisan, we would get his potrait drawn . Till the potrait is completed no royal or minister is allowed to leave the court " the king ordered. The royal artisan was brought to the court, but jyoti was still fidgeting with her saree.

" There's no need of potrait king, the person is seated in this court and I had recognised him " Jyoti spoke to everyone's amazement. " Tell us jyoti who is that person " Sudeshna asked. " Maharani, if I reveal the name, I would definitely be kicked out of the kingdom " jyoti wiped her tears. " Have faith in us jyoti, you would receive justice and the culprit would be punished. A crime is a crime, no matter who does it " Vedangi spoke.

" Your husband, yuvraj Shvet did this with me Yuvrani " Jyoti answered falling on her knees. Vedangi rose on her feet immediately in shock, while everyone turned their gazes towards Shvet who was equally shocked. " My brother would never do something like this, you must be mistaken devi " Shankh argued, " He was in the palace whole day " Sudeshna added, but Vedangi held her hand and nodded in a no. Sudeshna threw an angry glare to her, " he had gone in the kingdom without informing me " she murmured under her breath and tried to calm her anger.

" I...I am .... speaking the truth...it's Yuvraj Shvet who had molested me " jyoti spoke once again, tears flowing from her eyes . All the royals and ministers stood at their placed dumbstruck, for they knew Shvet was a humble person,who would never think ill about any lady .
***********************************
Hey,my lovely readers! Here's another chapter after a long break as promised to @HeHaiLiu
Hope you liked reading this,let me know through your comments they are much important for me❤️.