Chapter 24

Plot twists begin with this chapter🥳

Whole chamber was silent, vedangi was laid on her bed, supriya,bhanu durva and vrushali were sitting besides her. Lakshman, lakshmana, duryodhan, snigdha, maitreyi and all sons of karna stood around the bed.
Karna sat near a pillar, his gaze fixed on the ground, his eyes held immense pain, shon was sitting besides him, one hand on karna's shoulder.

" Angraj! Would you tell us now, what happened to my daughter " Vrushali asked shifting her gaze towards karna sharply, karna gathered courage and tried to say something, but shivers ran down his spine and he buried his head in his knees again, supriya sighed helplessly, " Arya, if you won't tell us, how do you expect us to know " She said with tears.

Vrushali then looked towards her daughter, who was her exact replica, but today! Her body had wounds, bruises her clothes were half torn, hair messed up, she was afraid to even open her eyes. A tear ran down vrushali's cheeks and landed on vedangi's hand. " Don't cry maa " She murmured. Only thing they all knew was, a commoner came running into the palace and urged to meet angraj. When karna met him, he took him to the forest hurriedly , shon and duryodhan went after them, but a little late. After some time they returned with injured vedangi in karna's hands unconscious, duryodhan and shon with them.

They all tried asking karna, what happened to vedangi, but he was mute, completely mute. What happened to vedangi? Who injured her? You all must be excited to know, right?

Flashback :
Weeks and moths passed, vedangi and shvet kept on meeting each other near the Ganesha temple on the bank of yamuna river, dressed as commoners, every Tuesday. They had gathered strong feelings for each other in last six months, but both were waiting for the other to express first and hence they were just friends for the world till now. They had made many friends around the temple by now and they had a group too. One such Tuesday, there was some program in the temple and all of the friends were doing some work.

Girls were drawing rangoli and vedangi was also a part of them, little did the girls know, sitting among them is the princess of anga. Vedangi and shvet were stealing glances from each other while doing the preparations.
" Bhargavi, please sing a song na! " One of the friends urged vedangi, she hesitated to sing in front of shvet, but when everyone requested her, she agreed. All of them sat in two semi circles, one of boys and the other if girls.

Vedangi began to sing.
Ek sundar mein tu darpan hai...
Ye roop tuzi ko arpan hai...

Tere pyaar mein pal pal pighlu mai
Ek jyot si khudse niklu mai....

Tere dhyan ke badal netra bane....
Akash bhi tera kshetra bane...

Meri sanso ka sangharsh hai tu....
Mere jivan ka nishkarsh hai tu....

With this she gently opened her eyes and looked towards shvet, who was almost in tears, he saw love in her eyes and so did she. For a moment something stung shvet's mind and the smile on his face turned into a frown, he was looking at her seriously. " What? " She asked him through eyebrows. After all the girls were finished singing, shvet began to sing.

Manmohini Tu nirmoh sa mai....
Tu vinti si vidroh sa mai....

Ye preet mera adhikaar nahi....
Mera bhagya tera shringaar nahi....

Tu goonj hasi ki shant hu mai....
Tu prem sabha ekant hu mai

Ek shastra hu mai santoor nahi....
Ek rakt hu mai sindoor nahi....

Vedangi's world came crashing down, she looked at shvet in disbelief, her eyes wide open. She stood up and ran out of the temple, hiding her years of anger and disgust and almost rejection. Shvet ran behind her, he held her wrist from behind. She pulled her wrist and stared at him with anger filled eyes, " Don't ever dare to touch me! I may be a doll for you, but I have dignity " She growled, not bothering of her surrounding.

" What we're your intentions, that you would act as if you love me and once I fall back for you, you would throw me out as throwing a bee out of milk! Then let me tell you, vrushalisutaa meenakshi is not a doll. " Her nostrils were flared up, angry tears rolling from her eyes. " Are you going to stop and listen to me! That's what's your problem, you jump to conclusions in a second, no patience at all " Shvet's voice was raised, without his own notice.

" No, I won't stop, first you learn to be clear on your intentions, the so called yuvraj of matsya! You can't act like you love someone and then reject them that too in front of everyone! Oh, now I understand, it's because I am a sutkanya and you are a rajkumaar, very good matsya yuvraj " She clapped sarcastically. " What the hell are you saying vedangi, come back to your senses, stop blabbering . Who gave you the right to measure my love! " Shvet was also angry now.

" Stop it now itself! Don't ever, I repeat don't ever show your face to me again. I hate you matsya yuvraj, you are a fake person, who attracts girls and then rejects them like they are toys, but let me tell you, I am not one of them " Saying this she whirled angrily and started going towards the forest to return hastinapur.

" Stop vedangi! At least let me accompany you, it's not safe for you to go there alone " Shvet ran towards her, " Can you see this " She turned showing him her sword, " I can protect myself from wild animals, no need to act as if you care for me . Dare you follow me " She disappeared like a whirlwind into the forest and shvet tried to control his fuming anger, he stomped his feet angrily and punched a nearby tree.

Vedangi ran through the forest, tears not stopping even for a moment, her breath hitched and she started Hiccuping while crying. She scanned her surrounding for water, but not even a pond was visible. She sat on a nearby rock and let out all her tears, shvet had rejected her love, but she had seen love in his eyes, why did he did that, for the first time she felt those feelings for someone, but she was rejected.

After a session of crying, she rose on her feet , but someone held her arm from behind, she turned her face to see who it was and the next moment she felt a slap across her face......

To be continued in next part.
-------------------------------------------------------
Hey, my lovely readers, the next part is here!
Hope you liked it, let me know through you comments, they are much important for me❤.
( stay tuned for upcoming parts).