Chapter 29

" Maharani sudeshna! My niece isn't impure, whatever happened with her wasn't her fault " Shon roared. Tears rolled down vedangi's cheeks, " Mata, what are you saying, please don't be so rude " Shankh pleaded. " I am just saying the truth everyone " Sudeshna spoke and stormed out of the room in anger. Supriya came in and pacified everyone, as karna and vrushali wasn't there. She asked everyone to move out of the room, pleasing them not to heat up the situation more.

Only shvet and vedangi were left in her room, vedangi kept looking at the floor trying to gulp down her tears.
Shvet held her hand into his assuring her, " I would try my best to handle and solve this situation . But please don't misunderstand my mother, she is just under the influence of my mamashree " He held her hand more tightly, she nodded trusting him.
************************************
A man and a woman came at the main gate of palace, keeping their sword and dagger on necks of other two people. The guards came forward to stop them, " Just call the family of angraj, yuvraj, yuvrani and their children " The man replied revealing their faces. Supriya was the first to come there with the kids, next was the virat family, yuvraj yuvrani , then the dwarka family and at the end maitreyi and lakshmana came there holding vedangi on her either sides.

As soon as vedangi saw them, she screamed and ran to supriya, shivering and crying in her embrace.
" They deserve punishment from you, go ahead " A voice said, she was vrushali. Karna and vrushali has bought the people to dared to touch their daughter at feet ( they love vedangi so much! ) . Supriya gently separated trembling vedangi from her embrace and went towards the culprits.

She gritted her jaw in anger and slapped one of them, the man fell on ground immediately. She was about to go to the next person, but snigdha kept a hand on her shoulder to calm her and she stepped back. " What's going on, would anyone tell me? " Radha maa asked. " Radha maa, these are the people who tried to touch our meenu inappropriately " Shon roared in anger.

Lambodar tu, Vinayaka tu
Ballaleshwar moreya.........

Radha maa went towards them and pushed the another man on floor, " Give them such punishment that everyone would remember forever " She said.

Lambodar tu, Vinayaka tu
Ballaleshwar moreya
Vigneshwar tu, ekdant tu
Mayureshwara moreya......

Shatrunjay went inside and came with a whip , he handed the whip to vedangi and stood besides her. She looked at the whip in confusion , supriya came near her and indicated her to punish her culprits. She remembered how they had slapped her, touched her inappropriately, snatched her shawl. She gritted her teeth and her grip on the whip tightened. She came near the two people who were lying on the ground, begging her to leave them.

Wakratund tu, Gajamukha tu, Sidhvinayka..

Gajanana, gajanana, gajanana, ganraya

She walked around them , a pindrop silence could be felt around, the maids, servants were looking all this from windows of the palace, all soldiers and guests stood speechless. Only the tinkling of her anklets, sound of gushing wind and everyone's heart beats could be heard. She raised the whip and hit one of them on his chest, he groaned in pain. Memories of that fateful day ran in her mind, how these people had abused and assaulted her.

Vignraj tu, mahataj tu, maheshaya tu moreya
Chintamani tu, sidhnayaka ganadhishaye morya

After hitting him for more three times, she then came towards the second man, he begged her to leave him, she had begged in the similar way not to harm her respect. A chill ran down karna and duryodhan's spine, they immediately left from there to hide their tears of repentance. Vedangi looked at vrushali from corner of her eyes, she signalled her to continue. She hit the another man with the whip, in the same way, they had hit her.

Wakratund tu, Gajamkha tu Sidhvinayka

She then gave the whip to vrushali, who herself had brought these culprits at her feet. Vrushali gripped the whip and remembered, how her daughter was trembling with fear and was unable to open her eyes. She raised the whip and hit the same man on his back, blood oozed out. Blood had also oozed out, when they pulled vedangi and tied her to a tree.

Gajanana, gajanana, gajanana, ganaraya

Gajaanana.... Ganaraya....

Vrushali raised the whip and hit the second man groaning in pain on his arms, these were the same arms that had snatched the shawl of her daughter. After being satisfied, both women stopped to catch breath. Bhanumati instructed the soldiers to take the culprits in the jail and punish them. The whip fell from vrushali's hand tears rolled down from her eyes. Supriya hugged her immediately, for a moment, they both felt more like sisters them co- wives, both crying on each other's shoulders.

Bhanumati went forward and embraced a trembling vedangi close.
Lakshmana, durva, snigdha and maitreyi joined the hug along with vrushali and supriya. Sons of karna, lakshman, shon, duryodhan and then karna too joined the hug. All the spectators wiped their eyes, the made was connected by heart more then by blood.
***********************************
Maharani sudeshna sat in her room, adoring herself in the mirror, a dasi came and told her that angrani supriya was coming to meet her. Sudeshna was eager to have a talk with the simple, sober, sweet and always smiling queen. She welcomed her with a soft time and made her sit.

" Hope you liked our hastinapur? " Supriya started, " Um.. Yes it's nice, but you would enjoy more in our matsya, it's greenery around our palace " She replied. " Is it? But greenery definitely peace to eyes of the spectator " Supriya said, " It seems you are interested in plants angrani? " Sudeshna asked. Supriya nodded shyly, " Actually yes. I and my kids had made a small garden back in anga " Supriya replied.

" I also wished to have so, when I was newly married, but then these kids of mine were born and it remained a wish " Sudeshna said with a small smile. " Well, how did you named your daughter as uttara? Means who suggested? " Supriya asked. " Angrani, she was born few days after the uttarayan, so we decided to name her uttara " ( this is fictional) sudeshna answered. " Daughters are so delicate right? A single scratch on her and everyone taunts her, right? " Supriya said with hope in her eyes and praying to her Lord that sudeshna understands, what she is trying to tell.

A chill ran down sudeshna's spine, she realised that she calling vedangi impure was wrong. She rose on her feet with a smile and embraced supriya. " Thank you angrani, for clearing my misunderstanding. You daughter is pure and I am ready to accept her as my putra vadhu " She said. A wide smile spread on supriya's face, she thanked her God and tears of happiness ran from her eyes.

" Angrani, you daughter's wedding is to be fixed, you shouldn't cry. Come let's announce this to everyone " Sudeshna said holding supriya's hand.
************************************
Hey, my lovely readers, the next part is here.
A part full of motherly love, one of her mother brought her culprits at her feet and the another proved sudeshna , that her daughter is pure. Whom did you like more?
The song used is gajanana from bajirao mastani. I used it because, did you'll forget vedangi is devotee of Lord Ganesha!.
Hope you all enjoyed reading this part, let me know through your comments ❤.