Chapter 35

" Let's begin the discussion then " The families of anga and matsya had sat together for an official discussion about the upcoming marriage. " Our raajpurohit had said that, dashmi and trayodashi are auspicious days " Matsya raj initiated the conversation.
" I think, the rituals would begin on dashmi and wedding would take place on trayodashi? What do you all think " Duryodhan said. " Agreed yuvraj, but what rituals are we going to follow, means the rituals of royals or suta rituals as both the families are royals as well as sutas? " Sudeshna questioned.

" The suta rituals are not much lengthy but filled with utmost bliss and live for both bride and groom, I think the wedding should be according to suta tradition " Karna said and everyone else agreed. Snigdha was noting all this down on a paper with a peacock feather, " What all rituals would be included? " Shon asked, " I think rajmata is the eldest and most experienced among us, let her tell us the list of rituals " Matsya raj suggested. " Please explain us maa ' karna said.

" Okay, the wedding would go for almost one week, first the vaagdanam
( engagement), then mehndi and chuda chadhai ( wearing bangles), then haldi, then the wedding day which has many rituals, starting with remembering our ancestors and keeping some things like supari and a coin in their remembrance in front of God, then punyavachan, which is a ritual done by bride and groom with their parents. After this the pooja of gaurihara done my bride in her room, which signifies praying to Lord shiva and mata parvati to bless her and her husband, after this the bride and groom would be have a namesake bath sitting on the lap of a widow. Then would be the main wedding, like pheras, kanyadaan and other things and lastly bidai would commence the rituals "

Silence spread across the chamber, supriya, durva and snigdha wiped their eyes with the end of their veil, just a thought about their beloved daughter's bidai had brought tears in their eyes. " So, where would the wedding take place? " Duryodhan broke the silence . " Matsya " "Anga " Queens of both kingdoms said together. " Maharani, the wedding always takes place at the bride's place if I am not wrong " Supriya said, sudeshna twitched her mouth and her eyebrows narrowed, " But this is the first wedding of our family, it should be celebrated in matsya " She said firmly.

" Sudeshna, I think we should ask shvet and bahu about their opinion, it's their wedding " Maharaj virat said calmly. Karna felt a bit satisfaction, that someone was there as a father figure with his daughter after her wedding to take her side. Shvet and vedangi were called in the chamber, both of them replied that they wish that the wedding would take place in anga. " Did you see behena, that girl had already took your husband and son in her clutches " Keechak whispered in sudeshna's ears, she glared at him, " She is coming in our home to shower everyone with her love, not to take someone in her clutches " .

" As evey thing else is decided now, let's decide the muhuurat of the wedding " Karna said, " There are three auspicious muhuurats on trayodashi, one at 8.30 am, second at 11.30 am and then at 12.30 pm " The raj purohit said. " I think 11.30 am would be the best, not early and too late too " Karna suggested, " Yes yes the children would also get time to enjoy " Maharaj virat added. " Absolutely, they should enjoy the most in their wedding " Vrushali added.

After the long discussion was over , it was decided that the groom's family would come to anga a week before trayodashi and vaagdaan would take place on dashmi, which would mark the begining of rituals.
************************************
Days flew like anything, vedangi was basking in love, affection and total attention of her family, the siblings won't let her even sleep alone, they were trying to keep vedangi as happy as possible. Soon it was discovered that snigdha and vrishasen are going to be parents, which multiplied the enthusiasm of the family. The raaj vaidya said that she can do some light works , so she was helping everyone as possible. The preparations were going on in full swing in matsya too. Maharani sudeshna was eagerly waiting to welcome her first putra vadhu, ignoring rants of her brother.

The princess and princes of matsya were also helping their mother, along with definitely teasing shvet. As the wedding day was coming near, vedangi face was glowing more, durva, bhanu were giving her various oils, herbs, pastes to enhance her beauty more.
**********************************
( words in italics are the conversations in matsya)

" What are you doing here alone ladli? " Vedangi jerked, as she heard durva's voice. " Nothing kaki " She nodded her head in a no, durva settled besides her on the swing in the living Hall. " It seems you are nervous and already tensed about your new life " Durva asked keeping hand on her shoulder.

" Yes shankh I am feeling nervous. " Shvet shook his head, " Would I be good husband to her? She would come in our house leaving her own behind, would we able to provide a safe home for her . And its just one week remaining for our wedding! Tomorrow itself we all are leaving for anga. Would everything be fine shankh? " Shankh smiled gently.

" You have to be each other's strength ladli, your match has been made in heaven itself. When he would be in any problem be his armour not physically but mentally and emotionally. A wife is always her husband's strength and vice versa. Accept that home as yours and his family as yours, your martial life would be filled with bliss " Durva explained to vedangi.

" Bhrata, I am neither married nor do I have any such experience, but you know bhabhi is like the woman who would fill any household with happiness and you are the man who would protect his family at any condition, just a perfect match. Stop worrying so much bhrata , it's your wedding you are supposed to enjoy, these days won't come again " Shankh explained and shvet hugged him tightly.

" Getting nervous is normal, you are going to start a new life, but make sure you enjoy yourself, because you aren't going to marry again " Vedangi hugged durva tightly and former kissed her forehead. " Ladli " Durva said separating them, " We would miss you " , " Kaki! You consoled me this much, now please don't make me cry " Vedangi snuggled more in her arms.
************************************
Counches blew, flowers were showered and hails filled the atmosphere as the groom's family arrived in anga. Shvet's eyes we're continuously searching for his priye, she was looking at all the grandeur from the window of her chamber, along with maitreyi. Shankh nudged shvet and indicated towards vedangi through eyes. ShveKshi's eyes met for a couple of seconds, before vedangi whirled, hiding her blushing face in her palms.

Vrushali did aarti of the groom's family and welcomed them with due respect. They all were offered to stay in a huge house built especially for them, as the bride and groom can't stay under one roof. Vaagdaan was still four days away and kunti, gandhari, vidur along with his wife along with many others have already came to anga, giving it a look of
' bride's house '.
***********************************
Hey, my lovely readers, the next part is here.
I know, I committed to update once in two days, but the preparations for Lord Ganesha's arrival are going on in full swing here, the updates maybe a little late.
All the rituals mentioned  are according to maharashtrian tradition.
Hope you liked reading this part, let me know, through your comments, they are much important for me💖.