Chapter 45

The dasis were preparing for lunch of the Royal family, under their newly welcomed yuvrani's guidance. She was engrossed in giving instructions to everyone, her eyebrows furrowed in nervousness, as she still was new to the palace. " Maharaj virat had summoned you yuvrani " A dasi said, gaining her attention, vedangi nodded in a yes. She wiped the sweat formed on her forehead and adjusted her veil, before leaving the Royal kitchen.

She entered the King's chamber with a small smiling, hiding her anxiety.
" Yes come putri, have a seat " Sudeshna and virat smiled at her.
" Tell us, which department had you handled at anga? " Sudeshna began. " I haven't handled any department, it were my brothers, father and kaka who used to handle everything " She answered. Sudeshna and virat exchanged glances, the former nodded in a yes and virat continued.

" We have decided to make you the head of grievance department putra vadhu " He said. Vedangi bit her tongue, trying to hide her surprise as her in laws smiled. " Shankh used to handle this department earlier, but we need to give him the responsibility of construction department. " Vedangi nodded. " What would be the nature and structure of my work pitashree? " She asked, " You would have to listen to grievances of citizens and try to give solutions to them, if the problem is more severe, we would look after it " Sudeshna explained.

Vedangi was just nodding, digesting the surprise, " Don't worry putri, we would always be there for you, shankh, shvet would also be there with you " Virat said, guessing her surprise. " You may continue your work now " Sudeshna told her and she left hurriedly.
***********************************
After coming out, her eyes searched for shvet, to tell him this news and her legs hurried towards the weaponry. " Nath... Nath " She chirped entering the weaponry, accepting all the prainpats. She looked mesmerised as she saw shvet practising, for her he looked rough and tough, his sharp eyes , arms moving swiftly. She bit her lip to control herself , " Ehm.. Ehm. " Shankh's fake cough bought her back to her senses and also gained shvet's attention.

Vedangi blushed and lowered her gaze shyly, " Swamini? When did you came? " Shvet asked. Shankh and vedangi exchanged glances, she pleading him to keep quiet, he nodded in a yes giggling, make her giggle too.
" Bhabhi - devar things? " Shvet raised his eyebrow. " Nath! Matashree and pitashree had called me, they told me that they had took decision to make me grievance department head " She chuckled clasping his hands.

" Parihar! " Shankh announced and all soldiers left, " Now tell us bhabhi, what actually happened " He said settling on a bench. " They called me and told me directly that they are going to make the head. I am super stressed, plus they told me they are going to announce in tomorrow's court " She announced grinning. Shvet gave a huge smile and side hugged her, " Congratulations and all the best too. Finally mata and pita gave shankh a promotion " He said wrapping his hand around shankh's shoulder.
************************************
Next morning, maharaj and maharani announced about their decision about vedangi being grievance department head and shankh getting promoted to construction department head. The ministers agreed and were happy too, except fors chunk of people, who were in favour of senapati keechak.

Vedangi was walking back to her chamber after the court when she felt someone tug her veil. She turned around swiftly, to investigate, but was shocked to see keechak stepping on her veil, smirk on his face. " You need something mamashree? Or can't you see that you are stepping on the veil of your putra vadhu" She asked, her eyes sharp. " Yes, I want you. .in my bed " Vedangi's jaw gritted and her hands shivered to slap him, but she somehow controlled herself.

" I request you senapati, don't mess with me, I am daughter of angraj, niece of kuru yuvraj, sister of nine brothers , wife of matsya yuvraj and myself trained in weapons " She replied. " You think you can harm me , I will throw you out of my way as a fly " Keechak replied with a huge smirk. Vedangi rolled her eyes and walked back to her chamber, her heart screaming in anger.

As she settled on her bed, tears flew from her eyes, how can a person lust someone of his daughter's age. Had she took a wrong decision by marrying in this family? Would this keechak let her live a happy life? Had her life became hell because of this keechak? That's when she felt entering her chamber, " Swamini? What happened? " Shvet questioned entering the chamber.

Vedangi wiped her tears, nodded in a no and was about to leave the chamber, but shvet held her hand and made her sit back on the bed, he kneeling in front of her, holding her hands. " Tell me what happened? " He questioned again. Vedangi remained quiet, she didn't want to create quarrels among the family. " If not me, then whom would you tell, come on tell me " He insisted clutching her hand more tightly.

She told everything that happened with angry tears flowing from her eyes, shvet's hand went to his sword immediately and he stood up, to question the man who misbehaved with his wife, his heart seathing in anger. How would he misbehave with the woman who is of his daughter's age, his putra vadhu. Till now shvet , shankh and uttar have protected their sister from his lusty gaze, but now he had layed his gaze on his wife, like any other man, shvet too can't tolerate this.

Vedangi held his wrist to stop him,
" Nath I have gave him the answer in his language, if he does like this again, I would definitely tell you, but not now, I am still new here, I don't want quarrels in our family because of me " She said teary eyes. " Please swamini, don't stop me, I cannot tolerate someone laying their gaze on you, my wife " Shvet insisted. " You want everyone to say that I am the reason, of quarrels on our family? No right, then please stop " Vedangi replied, making shvet stop in his path.

He settled besides her, wrapping his arms around and hugging her protectively , she was something too precious for him, that he can never let go or let anyone harm.
************************************
Hey, my lovely readers, the next part is here.
Are you'll liking this new phase of vedangi's life?
Hope you liked reading this part, let me know through your comments, they are much important for me💖.