Chapter 44

" Om madhavaya namah... Om narayanay namah... Om achyutay namah " The hymns reverberated in the Hall of matsya palace, as yuvraj and yuvrani sat besides each other, in front of the satya nayaran pooja. The priest was chanting some mantras and shvet was offering one tulsi leaf after each mantra. Vedangi, being his ardhangini touched her palm to his right hand, her eyes fixed on the pooja and a satisfactory smile formed on her face.

After the pooja was completed, they together did the aarti, along with their family members and the prasad was distributed. " Kumaari, now you are yuvraj's ardhangini, your all rituals are now complete " The priest announced. Both of them took blessings of the priest as well as the elders. " Vedangi, it's time for you to make the prasad " Kartiki told her and took her to the Royal kitchen, informing her that she has to make halwa.

Vedangi gulped, she haven't made anything alone till now, someone of elders would always be there to help her. " Help me sakha Ganesha " She murmured and started the preparations. The heavy lehanga and humid atmosphere, made her bath with sweat along hair strands blocking her vision continuously.

She was adding sugar in the halwa, her hair strand continuously disturbing her. She felt someone tug a strand behind her ear, she moved her gaze to see, who did it and saw the love of her life standing there, smiling pleasanty. " Yo.. You.. " She murmured, but the other second her attention shifted towards the halwa, that was on the verge of burning.

Shvet helped her stir the halwa holding her hand, their eye lock broke by a fake cough. " Shubhr! What are you doing here? " Kartiki asked.
" Shubhr? Who is shubhr mamishree? " Vedangi asked. Kartiki slapped her forehead and shvet bit his tongue,
" Shubhr is another name of shvet, when he was young we couldn't think of a Nick name, so we started calling him shubhr, which is a synonym of his name " . " Ooh is it, I never knew " Vedangi said throwing an quick angry glare at shvet. Vedangi immediately went an transferred the prasad in a bowl and hurried towards, where the pooja was being placed.

" Your wife has anger stuck on her nose " Kartiki smiled fondly, shvet sighed ,nodded negative and walked outside.
************************************
" Huh! Why are you going tomorrow, I would miss you " Uttara whined spreading her arms around lakshmana. " Me too, but I have to go it's my home " Lakshmana answered giggling as they continued their walk in the garden. " Why don't you marry my bhrata shankh, you would always be there with me " Uttara said pouting. " Tara!! " Lakshmana rolled her eyes and smacked uttara's shoulder lightly.

" I know.. You would not... You are in love with rajkumaar samb " Uttara said biting her lip to control her giggles and scanning lakshmana's scared face. She haven't told anyone about her feelings towards samb, except vedangi. " Did tai.. " Her mind doubted for a second. " No no bhabhi didn't told me anything " Uttara sat on a bench and indicated lakshmana to sit. " Then? " Lakshmana asked tensed.
" Mana, I am a girl, I saw love for him in your eyes, in your small actions , they way you look at him " Uttara answered, making lakshmana's cheeks turn crimson.

" Huh, come on don't get flustered now, I can't handle two love sick girls at one time " Uttara hit lakshmana's forehead giggling, " And does he love you too? " She questioned. " I don't know, maybe yes, maybe no. But I see something in his eyes, his gaze, when our eyes meet " Lakshmana answered, lost in her own world. " Ehm.. Ehm. " Uttara fake coughed, " Well how does that matter, pitashree is anyway going to oppose my love " Lakshmana said a painful smile.

" What? Why? But he loves you so much? " Uttara asked confused. " Let it go, why are we discussing this " Lakshmana said wiping her tears, " It's tai and jijashree's first night, come let's make tai ready " She pulled a confused uttara with her.
************************************
After chores of the whole day, vedangi was about to enter her chamber , but she was stopped by lakshmana and uttara. " What now! I am tired let me rest " She shrugged , but both the girls held her back. " Don't act innocent " They pulled her in and she gasped, the chamber was decorated with red and white roses. They made her sit in front of the mirror and made her ready for her first night, along with some teasings.

She sat on the decorated bed, a veil covering her face, which was lowered shyly, a small and nervous spread on it

She sat on the decorated bed, a veil covering her face, which was lowered shyly, a small and nervous spread on it. She heard the door creak open, shvet sighed and boosted his own confidence, before turning towards her, he flashed a confident smile and walked towards the bed, with heavy steps, his heart thudding in his chest. Vedangi had clutched her lehanga tightly, her gaze fixed on the bedsheet, shvet settled besides her and gently removed her veil.

Their eyes met for a second, shvet asking permission from her, she shyly nodded, indicating a yes. He removed the veil and lifted her chin, vedangi couldn't handle his intense gaze. She slipped out from his grip and ran towards the window. Her cheeks flushed, hands trembling and eyes searching place to hide from him. She felt a pair of arms encircle her waist, a pleasant chill ran down her spine . Shvet smiled, her open tresses continuously attacking his face, feeling her intoxicating fragrance.

Both of them closed their eyes, savouring the feeling of being together and no one could separate them. Vedangi leaned on his chest, knowing that he would always be there to hold and protect her. Shvet tightened his arms around her waist, few minutes passed none of them spoke anything, but they could hear each other's heart. Vedangi broke the trance and turned, his hands still on her waist. " How are you feeling? " She asked with a wide grin .

" I am feeling like world's most beautiful lady is my wife now, I feel complete, now I want nothing else " He pulled in a hug, she rested her head on his chest and hands wrapped around his torso. " I want to you a name vedangi " He said still hugging her, " But I already have five names nath ! " She whined like a child. " I would be calling you swamini from now onwards " He said grinning.
" What? Swamini? Means " She asked.
" Like you call me nath, the owner of your soul, in that sense I would call you swamini, the owner of my soul, my heart " He replied.

" I love you nath " She tightened the hug, " I love you too swamini " He separated, tugging her hair strand behind her ear. She blushed again and sat on the bed, shvet followed her smirking. She sat near the headboard of the bed, smiling shyly, shvet sat besides her. He cupped her cheeks gently and bought her face near him. Their heart thudding, hands sweating, but eyes glued on each other, over flowing with love.

Shvet pulled her near and their lips crashed, shuddering them both with a foreign feeling. Her fingers found was in his hair, while he cupped her cheek with one hand and held her waist with another. Their lips moved in sync as tears of happiness rolled down their cheeks, mingling into each other. After a couple of minutes vedangi broke the kiss, due to lack of oxygen, her cheeks were red.

Shvet looked at her with admiration filled eyes, his lips moved towards her neck, but vedangi stopped him through her palm. " I am tired " She whispered near his ear, shvet gave a sheepish smile. She laid on the bed and shvet laid besides her, she kept her head on his chest, embracing him, while he clutched her waist and rocked her head lovingly.
************************************
* looks here and there* * smiles nervously * , sorry again for the late update. I tried writing something romantic for the first time ever.
So, according to the story, yesterday was vedangi's birthday, do let me know through your comments, what do you feel about vedangi.
Hope you liked reading this chapter💖.