Chapter 21

The Royal wedding of vrishasen- snigdha and chitrasen - maitreyi was celebrated with great pomp. They received many gifts from various kingdoms and were bestowed with blessings. It was evening of the same day, the family of anga sat together in vedangi's room, chit chatting about the wedding and teasing the newlyweds. " Now our family seems complete, right aai? " Vedangi said in excitement, hugging snigdha.

" And who said this? " Sushen questioned smirking. " I, the princess of anga said this " Vedangi answered smirking equally . " Dear dhana, how would be our family be complete without arrival of our jamai ji " Sushen said raising his eyebrows, while all the others hummed from behind teasing vedangi.

" Wedding! I am not going to leave my mothers in any condition! " Vedangi hugged vrushali, her eyes we're filled with tears. " Ayee, stupid girl, why are dripping tears from your eyes! It's such an auspicious day " Vrushali said kissing on her cheek. " And even we are not letting you go anywhere so early " Shon said with wide smile, but the care in his eyes was clearly visible to everyone.

" Jyeshtha rani, should we all sleep now? Means..... There are still guests and we have to look after them tomorrow " Supriya said hesitating.
" Yes priye, you are right, let's retire to our rooms now, quick " Vrushali said raising on her feet. Everyone then went back to their rooms.
--------------------------------------------------------
Here, the yuvraj of matsya was having a sleepless night. The image of the smiling karna nandini continuously flashed through his mind. Her twinkling eyes, long straight her, subtle smile, silent nature held his heart captive. He kept on changing positions, to figure out, why was sleep away from him, but was totally unsuccessful.

" Veda ..... Veda " The name came out from his mouth as a sigh, when he was about to sleep. " Aree jyeshth, why do you want pedha at this hour, you may eat it tomorrow " Uttar, who was sleeping besides him said in irritation. " When did I ask for pedha? " Shvet asked rubbing his eyes, " Jyeshth, you were murmuring pedha... Pedha " Uttar shut his eyes due to sleep. Shvet bit his tongue when he realised what he was saying in sleep.
---------------------------------------------------------
Next morning, vedangi was busy in arranging her room, when vrishketu came there with two sweets in his hand. " Aree ketu! What made you come here?" She asked sitting on knees, coming down to his height. "Tai, I've secretly brought these sweets for you " Saying this he fed a pedha to vedangi. " Thank you " She kissed ketu, ketu grabbed one of her earring and started running out of the room.

" Wait ketu! Give it to me! " Vedangi started chasing him, for her earring, but ketu was ahead her. Suddenly ketu hid behind someone while running and vedangi who was busy asking for her earring, didn't notice a pair of eyes that were busy looking at her cute antics with admiration. Ketu started running further, away from the person, behind whom he was hiding, vedangi ran behind him, but someone held her wrist, she felt the touch familiar and turned, it was shvet.

" Pra... Pranipat matsya yuvraj " She said joining her hands, shvet reciprocated the same. He held vedangi's hand above his and kept a earring on her hand. " Ohh, ketu gave it to you! He ran with this earring of mine, thank you " She took the earring and walked pass shvet, wearing the earring into her ears, while shvet kept looking intensely at her.

She paused after walking a few feet and came back to shvet. Shvet's heartbeats increased, when she came towards him again, " Did she notice, I was looking at her " She thought in his mind and gulped in anxiety. " Hope you enjoyed the wedding " She asked smiling. Shvet sighed in relief and managed to give her s fake smile, " Yess absolutely " He answered smiling a bit. They stood there without saying anything and stealing glances at each other.

" Aree you both are here we were looking for you both only " Uttara and lakshmana entered breaking their trance. " And why we're you searching for me utti ? " Shvet asked pinching her cheeks. " Bhrata! I am not a little girl anymore call me uttara " Uttara said making puppy face.

" Well tai, rajkumaari uttara told me that she is interested in dance too, should we have one dance with her, before she leaves, means today " Lakshmana spoke everything in one go, making cute faces. Vedangi smiled at her antics, " Sure, let's do it now itself . " She replied smiling, " Rajkumaari uttara, come with us " She held uttara's shoulders. " Jyeshth, tell mata and pitashree that I am with them " Uttara said grinning, shvet nodded in agreement.

" She dances too, how many more talents does she have . " Shvet thinks in his mind and was looking at the tree girls from behind smiling, just then vedangi turns back and and smiles looking at him with a slight blush, shvet skips a heartbeat and looks at her in awe, vedangi giggles and starts walking with the other two. Shvet stands there smiling to himself, he feels a hand on his shoulder and he comes out of his trance.

" Would you like to join us in our daily weapon practice? " Shatrunjay asks him smiling, " Definitely, why not " Shvet agrees happily. Shatrunjay and shvet went to weaponry to choose their swords, on their way shvet heard the sound of ghungroos and paused for a second. " Who's that mitra? " Shvet asked in elation. " Your and my sister, the dance room is besides this room, they may be practicing there " Shatrunjay answered showing him swords.

Shvet was attracted to the sound and started walking towards the dance room smiling, shatrunjay followed him. They both stood near the door of the dance room, all the three girls were dancing, lost in the tune, uttara was in middle and other two on her either sides. Shvet stood there rooted looking at vedangi with love and admiration in his eyes, " Why am I feeling such strange feelings towards her? She's so pretty and adorable too, anyone may get attracted towards her, but the feeling I have for her is so special " He thought to himself still looking at her.

Their dance was over and they were sweating, " You dance so well " The three girls exclaimed together and then giggled. They sat on the couch removing their ghungroo and touched it to their forehead, " Why did you all bow to ghungroo " Shvet interrupted them, that's when the trio discovered they both standing at the door. " To show our respect towards them " Lakshmana answered with a smile.

" Well uttara, catch me if you can now " Lakshmana ran with uttara's earring. Uttara looked at her in mock anger and started chasing her, shatrunjay, shvet and vedangi stood there looking at the two girls and laughing. Their smiles turned into shock, when lakshmana bunped into someone, while running. Shatrunjay and vedangi exchanged glances as they expected lakshmana to shout on the person standing in front of him. But, she was not saying anything, instead their gazes were fixed on each other, forgetting everything around.

Vedangi raised her eyebrows, " Lakshi" She called her moving a couple of steps forward, their eye lock broke and they moved away from each other. Uttara controlled her smile, while lakshmana blushed and turned towards vedangi. " Mitra shvet, who is this rajkumaar, what's his name " Shatrunjay asked nudging shvet. " Rajkumaar sambh from dwarika " Shvet whispered. " Prince sambh, would you like to join us in sword practice " Shatrunjay said with a faint smile, sambh grinned and nodded in a yes.

" Should we also go to practice sword tai? " Lakshmana asked in a low voice, vedangi rolled her eyes and nodded in a yes reluctantly. Everyone was practicing sword in the courtyard, but four pairs of eyes we're stealing glances of each other continuously and secretly, uttara who was watching all these was trying hard to suppress her laughter, but was not able to.

" It's nice to see that your daughters also practice sword kuru yuvraj and amgraj " Balram and matsya raj virat said. As they stood in the balcony looking at the practice courtyard with duryodhan and karna.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey, my lovely readers, I really apologize for updating after so long, but now onwards I would try to give regular updates.
Finally, lakshmana's pair had also entered our story, did you like this part?
Let me know through your comments, they are much important for me ❤.