Chapter 25

Vedangi was completely shocked by the sudden attack. She took out her sword and tried to attack the person and free her arm, but the man was not alone, there were two more. One of them held her other arm, but she kicked him in stomach and he left her. She bit the hand of the person who was holding her arm with teeth , and freed herself. She gathered herself and ran a few feet but someone pushed her from behind and she landed on the ground, her knees are hurt and blood oozes out from her elbow.

" Leave me, I am warning you! " She shouts with fear in her eyes and grabs her sword, but another man holds her waist from behind, she cries out loudly, but there was no one to answer them, " Shvetttttt! " She tries to call him, but had walked deep in the forest, in fit of anger. The man pulls her near and tries to touch her lips , she feels as if snakes are crawling over her body, a shiver of disgust runs through her body. The other two men also try to touch her inappropriately, but she raises her sword and injures them.

She remembers, how she and lakshmana had saved s girl from a similar attack in the same forest, she pleads her sakha ganesha to save her. They grabbed the sword in her hand forcefully and start pulling her, near a tree. She kicks them bites them but they don't stop. A man comes and stands in front of her, he holds her arms and waist and brings her more close, " Shvetttttttt.... Baba...... Ganesha.... " She cries aloud, but the man touches her lips and neck. She joins her hands in front of them and pleads to leave her, in reply they laugh like devils.

" If... If my brothers and father would come to know about this they won't leave you " She cries with shivering lips, all three of them laugh evilly,
" We would devour you and kill you right here " . Her whole life comes in front of her eyes and stops at the remembrance of her maa, " Give me strength maa " She cries and pulls out her dagger near her waist, within seconds she stabs it in the arm of the person holding her. Just then a commoner passes from there, she pleads him to save her, but he ignores her. " At least tell angraj karna that his daughter is in danger " These were the last words she could speak, before one of the man covers her mouth.

They keep on touching her inappropriately and she keeps on protecting herself, all this continues for almost half an hour, vedangi was badly her, wounds and bruise all over her body, her clothes half torn and eyes swollen from crying. " Save me sakha ganesha please " She pleads her sakha once again and at the same moment she hears Neighing of horses from the direction of hastinapur.
" Baba.... Kaka... " She shouts loudly.

The sound of horses now became more clear and vedangi shouts loudly for help. The goons take her near a tree and try to tear her blouse, but vedangi grabs a near by sword and stabs in his stomach, her eyes wide open and red. The other two men slap her continuously and her nose and mouth starts bleeding. They tear open her blouse, but she immediately grabs her dupatta and covers herself, pushing them. " Baba.... Kaka..... " She gives a final cry, and darkness start covering her eyes.

She hears a roar from a familiar voice, behind the two men, the last thing she saw was a man with reddish orange robes, holding a sword standing behind them and she loses her consciousness. The commoner had ran to palace of hastinapur and informed karna, whatever he saw in the forest. Karna ran to the forest without wasting a second, when shon and duryodhan came to know about this, they also hurried towards the forest.

When karna saw two men trying to devour his own daughter, his surroundings became blur for a second, but when he heard the cries of vedangi, he took out his sword and pierced in the back of one of them, the other ran for his life. He sat near his unconscious daughter, tears streaming from his eyes, he took out his uttariya and wrapped around her. He felt he has failed as a father, he took vedangi's hands in his and started crying in despair. " Dada.... Mitra " Came two voices from behind.

It didn't took much time for shon and duryodhan to understand the situation, their mouths were wide open and tears flowing from their eyes. "Mi... Mitra " Duryodhan said breaking the silence, " We should take her.... To the palace... " He continued with shivering lips. Karna came back to his senses and scooped vedangi in his hands and started walking towards the palace with heavy steps. He didn't knew, how would he face his wives , but his daughter in such awful condition, shon and duryodhan kept on walking behind him.
**********************************
Back to present :
Karna rose on his feet and walled towards vedangi's bed. " I am sorry putri, it's all all my fault, you are paying for my wrong deeds " He let out a loud wail falling on his knees. Shon came behind and held karna's shoulders, to comfort him. " Tell us now, what happened to her " Vrushali said sharply, a tear drop running from her eyes. " Three men tried to rape her " Duryodhan snapped and shut his eyes tightly crying silently.

Everyone present there gasped and a shiver ran down through their spine, vrushali's eyes we're left wide open, her vision blurred , her knees felt weak and was about to fall, but bhanu held her by shoulders and made her sit. Supriya sat on the bed with a thud,
" Take ketu to you chamber " Durva told lakshmana and maitreyi and they went away.

Dvipat, who was just two years younger than vedangi, watched all this with eyes filled with tears, he wiped tears with his uttariya, snigdha came near him and patted his back, like an elder sister, " Calm down... Calm down " She consoled him.
**********************************
Hey, the next chapter is here. I know this was such a huge plot twist, let me know your thoughts about this chapter through your comments.
They are much important for me❤.