Chapter 28

Shvet took few red roses and a pair of anklets and walked towards lakshmana. He wished to give those flowers and anklets as a sorry token to vedangi for hurting her. He greeted lakshmana and asked her to sit, " Tai, isn't ill yuvraj, she is suffering from a huge incident " She spoke with teary eyes, shvet looked at her with confusion, " What do you mean rajkumaari? " He asked. Lakshmana closed her eyes and gathered courage,
" Three men tried to rape her, last tuesday, but because of her bravery and intervention of karna kakashree, she is alive " She revealed everything, wiping her tears.

A chill ran down shvet's spine and his body shivered, he could feel his surroundings going blur and his knees giving up. Suddenly the roses and anklets seemed to heavy and fell from his hand. He felt everything around him rotating and sat on the couch with a thud, he took few moments to recollect his senses. He wished that whatever he heard just now would be his dream and his queen would be safe.

Lakshmana snapped her fingers I front of him to bring him back to reality. He looked at lakshmana with fear evident in her eyes and trembling lips, " Please say that this is false " He requested. " We all wished it would be false " She replied lowering her gaze and wiping her tears again. He pulled his legs near his chest and started crying, " Only if I wouldn't have let her go alone that day! It's all my fault! I am sorry vedangi " He cried more.

Uttara and shankh who were passing by that chamber, heard their elder brother cry and rushed to him. Lakshmana told them everything that happened and they were equally stunned. Shvet was unable to stop his tears, imagining vedangi's condition. For the whole kingdom and everyone else, he was a strong yuvraj, but when it came to the only lady he had reserved his heart for, he was way too emotional.

" We... We should leave for hastinapur she needs me, please convince mata and pitashri for this shankh please " He cried holding shankh's hand, shankh and uttara nodded. Shankh convinced maharaj virat, but sudeshna was reluctant as she didn't wish her son to marry a sutkanya. But looking at the tears of her son, she gave up and agreed.

At about midnight, maharaj virat, sudeshna, shankh and shvet left matsya along with the people from hastinapur . Lakshmana had wrote a letter to samb, regarding this whole incident. On the same day, balram, revati, jambvati and krishna along with samb had also came to hastinapur to look for vedangi.
**********************************
A man covering his face caught hold of a middle aged man from back. The man, who was caught seemed frightened, he wounded the other's hand with his dagger and ran away from him. He was looking back and bumped on a woman, before he could react anything, the woman whirled swiftly and made a wound on his right arm.

The masked man came from behind and tangled his head in a bow and gave a hard smack on his cheek. " Calm down " The masked woman said, she had immense strength in her eyes.
" Tell us, is anyone else among you alive? " She asked, her voice filled with anger. " Yes, yes, his injury one is alive wasn't so deep, so we were able to save him " The injured man replied joining his hands, pleading.

The masked man gritted his teeth, " Then what are you waiting for, take us to him, we won't leave him " His fists tightening.
************************************
When the chariots of matsya reached the main gate of hastinapur, midnight had passed , but dawn was still away.
The chariots and palanquins took a halt and everyone rushed out, towards karna's chamber.

Vedangi was asleep, durva besides her and shon sleeping on a nearby couch, gripping his sword with one hand. They all had decided not to leave vedangi alone. Durva heard a group of footsteps coming towards their room, she hugged vedangi tightly and tried to wake up shon. Someone closed her mouth from behind, she brought the lantern close to that face, it was Bhanumati, she breathed a sigh of relief.

Bhanu took her out of the room and introduced her to shvet and his family, she saw the pain in shvet's eyes. They all decided, let vedangi and shvet talk to each other and clear their misunderstandings, slowly shon also came out of the room. Some dasis lit diyas in her room, so that she won't feel frightened and everyone except shvet stood outside the room ,at the door.

Shvet slowly entered the room, in the pin drop silence of night, he could hear his heart pounding. He slowly sat besides her and looked at her pretty face lined with fear, he remembered the fearless lady, he saw last tuesday and tears welled up his eyes. He sighed and gathered courage.
Gently he called her, she twitched her eyes and clasped his hand tightly, thinking it to be shon's or durva's.

" Please wake up vedangi, I want to talk to you " He said slowly, everyone standing outside was looking at them hopefully. She slowly blinked her eyes, to adjust to the light and looked towards shvet. " What... What are you doing here? Go away... Go away I said... Aai... Baba.... Kaka.... Jyeshth.... Bhabhi... " She screamed. Hearing her screams vrishasen was about to enter her room, but snigdha held his hand and nodded in a no.

" Listen.... Listen to me vedangi please listen " Shvet pleaded, but she was still moving away from him, she threw vases, pillows over him. Shvet finally joined his hands in front of her, " Please listen vedangi, I love you " He said crying. Hearing his words, she stopped and stared at his crying and shaking figure. People standing outside rejoiced. " No you don't! You rejected me last Tuesday, do you even know what happened to me that day " She cried hugging her pillow.

" I do! I really do vedangi, from all depths of my heart I love you. I can't even imagine my life without you. You complete me vedangi. Your smile means everything for me, I can fight the whole world for you. Please don't separate me from you " Shvet gulped , wiping tears that escaped his eyes.

Vedangi was looking at him astonished, she didn't expect this confession. " Really? " Was all she could say. " But I am a sutkanya and you are a prince a yuvraj " She said.
" Who told you, I am a complete kshatriya, my mother is also a suta, so I am also half sut " Shvet shrugged his shoulders. " But yuvraj, I am a pateeta ( impure) now, I have been touched by " She shut her eyes and started crying.

" Please don't say such things about yourself! You are pavitra( pure) it wasn't your fault at all, it was mine that I let you go alone " He moved closer to her. " What about everyone else? Your mother, father? Would they accept me? World would keep taunting you and your family for marrying an impure girl " She cried more. " Yes, I won't accept an impure girl as my putra vadhu " Came a voice from the door , sudeshna was standing there, stern expression on her face.
************************************
Hey, my lovely readers, the next part is here.
What do you think, would vedangi and shvet be together or would sudeshna separate them?
Hope you liked this chapter, let me know through your comments ❤.