Chapter 51

"Yuvrani your dinner" Shvet and Vedangi immediately separated as they heard a dasi. Vedangi made Shvet sit on the bed and herself sat besides him with the food plate. "Have it" she forwarded her hand with a piece of chapati dipped in curry, with a pleasant smile on her face. Shvet wondered, how wonderful was this lady sitting in front of him! She had hid all her pain behind a smile only to make him feel better, but he was reading her eyes. He swallowed the morsel in her hand and plastered another smile on his face, in an attempt to make her feel better.

He tore a piece of chapati, dipped it in curry and forwarded it to feed her,she too swallowed it smiling and blushing. They completed the dinner speaking just from eyes, not uttering a single word, but feeling each other. How did they managed to keep each other happy even after problems looming over them! After the dasi took the plates and leftovers, Shvet laid on Vedangi's laps finding solace, making Vedangi chuckle. She ran her fingers through his hair, till he drifted into embrace of nidra devi and kissed his forehead.

After making sure he was asleep,she kept his head on a pillow and ran to the corner, where she had placed the idol of her sakha Ganesha. She threw herself at his feet letting go of all the tears she had kept hidden. "Help me sakha please help me, you know right my nath haven't done any wrong deed! Don't test us more sakha, give me the strength to bring the truth in front of everyone. Shree ganeshay namah " she murmured with low voice, controlling her whimpers. She closed her eyes and touched her forehead to the lord's feet, a certain strength enveloping her. She was now determined to prove her Nath's innocence, whatever may be the situation.
************************************
Shankh and Vedangi stepped out of the palace, Sudeshna wishing them best luck for whatever they had planned. Shankh was walking ahead holding a fire lamp in his hand, Vedangi following him. Crossing the dark streets, they reached the place from where this all had begun, Jyoti's house. Her house was adjacent to the Ganesh mandir where Vedangi and Shvet used to meet, for a second a smile spread on her lips, thinking about those days. But the next moment she turned her firm gaze towards Jyoti's house.

Jyoti's husband was sitting outside under a tree hugging her two sons. "Is this Jyoti's house?" Shankh asked . The man who was half dozing jerked and hugged his children more tightly, "Yes this is Jyoti's house, who are you?" He asked scared. "Mahoday I am sutkanya Meenakshi, no need to fear us" Vedangi assured him. "Yuvrani!" He joined his hands in front of them, "As you have recognised us, we hope you know our intention of being here" Shankh said pursuing his lips together. "I know.. I know it's because of my wife Jyoti,but please don't harm our children" he joined his palms again.

"We aren't going to do any harm, we are here just to have a small search in your house, can we go in?" Vedangi asked. "Yuvrani, you are as kind as your husband. I know Yuvraj would never do something like this, God knows why Jyoti lied! Six months ago Yuvraj used to come in the temple every Tuesday, he would visit our house and ask for a glass of water and would bring sweets for my children, I know he would never harm the respect of any lady. Forgive me, my Jyoti and our children, I request you to find the culprit and punish him" he ended up in tears. Shankh kept his palm on the man's shoulder. "The culprit would be punished and Jyoti jiji would return to her home" he assured.

Shankh and Vedangi entered the house holding the light lamp. Things were scattered, some were broken, confirming that Jyoti had tried to save herself from her molester. Even after searching keenly both of them were unable to find any evidence. Vedangi sighed and sat on a nearby couch, when her eye caught something shining. To her astonishment it was necklace wore by men, Jyoti's family was not rich then what was a gold necklace doing there! "Bhabhi! This is the same necklace!" Shankh exclaimed almost pulling the necklace from her hand. "Which?" Vedangi asked,"on occasion of your wedding pitashree had gifted these type of necklaces to all six ministers in our court" Shankh revealed.

"Means, the culprit is one of our ministers!" The new piece of information shocked both of them. "Then we should reach the palace as soon as possible! We need to find who is that bastard who dared to malign my brother's image" Shankh gritted his jaw.
************************************
Shankh and Vedangi entered the palace from a secret door, Sudeshna was already waiting for them holding a cloth in her hand. "Raj vaidya gave me an important piece of information! These are the hairs he found in Jyoti's nails, they are grey! The original culprit is not young but an aged person" Sudeshna showed the cloth in which the grey hair were kept. "And mata we found this necklace in Jyoti's house, remember? We had gave this necklace to all our ministers" Shankh showed the necklace to Sudeshna.

"Means the real culprit is one of our ministers and aged too. We have three aged ministers, minister Sulochan, minister Sini and minister Angad" Sudeshna said. "I think we all should take some rest now, it's quite late" Vedangi forced a smile. Sudeshna nodded, "take rest children, you both have done so much for Shvet" for the first time Vedangi saw a loving, caring  mother in Sudeshna hiding under the veil of a strict queen. "We did our duty mata, jyeshth has also done much for me" Shankh smiled.
************************************
Vedangi sank on her bed as soon as she reached her chamber, she thanked God that Shvet didn't realise her absence. Inching close to him, she caressed his face lightly, it clearly reflected his pain, you don't need to worry now nath, you would be proved innocent soon. She smiled in her pain. Feeling her touch Shvet opened his eyes slowly, forcing a subtle smile. "You have went somewhere?" He questioned.

Vedangi startled for a moment,"I went to matashree's chamber to see whether she was fine" she replied gaining her composure. Shvet nodded though not much convinced by her answer,"Was she fine ?" He asked, Vedangi nodded in a yes before laying besides him, tired. Tomorrow was going to be a big day, she wondered whether she would be successful in whatever she had planned. Always trust your efforts, even a small doubt is enough to wipe out all your hardwork. Karna's words reverberated in her mind, giving her the much needed  strength, making her smile confidently.
***********************************
Hey, readers! I know many of you are waiting for Pandavas agyatvas track, but I have something to tell. This track would surely come and you would see all the bonds you all are wishing for,  I promise you the same. But if I bring this track soon, I won't get enough time to write about ShveKshi, Vedangi's bond with her family, their children! Don't you'll want to see Vedangi as an ideal yuvrani, wife, putra vadhu, bhabhi, sister. Also I won't get time for character development, as after agyatvas we would have to rush with kurukshetra war. Please give me some time and let yourself enjoy the current tracks.

If you all still want Pandavas agyatvas track, do let me know, I would surely write it.
Also do check out a book I published for random scribblings, where I would post random poems, one shots and much more.
Hope you liked reading this part, do let me know through your comments, they are much important for me✨.