Chapter 26

Vedangi twitched her eyes and her lips trembled, vrushali immediately sat besides her and held her hand into her's, " Meenu, it's me your aai, open your eyes putri " She whispered in her ears. Vedangi slowly opened her eyes clasped her mother's hand more tightly. Vrushali flinched, vedangi was having high fever , rajvaidya came and gave her necessary medicines. She was constantly trembling and didn't leave vrushali's hand even for a second. The news spread in the palace like fire and gave a rise to gossips. Bhanu, duryodhan, shon and durva were trying their best to support everyone, but this very incident had took away their smile.
***********************************
" Meenakshi? " Gandhari and kunti entered her room, vedangi was asleep on her bed, holding durva's hand into hers. Durva rose on her feet and greeted them, kunti's eyes we're overflowing with tears, looking at her secret grand daughter. She took vedangi's hand into hers and drenched it with tears, gandhari calmed kunti and turned to durva.
" If you need anything, we are always there for you Putri " Durva smiled softly.

Kunti wasn't able to stop her tears, " Its because of me putri, only if I has the guts to tell the world you are my grand daughter, you would not have to suffer this, pray the people who did this to you, rot in hell " She thought to herself and wiped her tears.

" Durva, take care of her. She still has fever, don't hesitate to ask anything from us, she is like my own grand daughter to me " Kunti said, despair hidden in her voice.
**********************************
Karna, vrushali and shon were sitting in vedangi's chamber, vrushali was combing hair of vedangi as she was unable to stand up or even sit properly, vrushali was wiping her own tears, looking at the condition of her daughter. Her daughter wasn't meek, she was a fighter and still she lay here, drained. Karna was looking at the sunrays piercing from the window, he had stopped talking to anyone from that fateful day, he used to sit alone, gazing at windows.

He felt like he had failed as a father and whatever happened to his daughter was fruit of his own deeds. A fresh teardrop ran through his eyes, thinking about it again. " My vashu " Came a familiar yet old voice from the door. All four pair of eyes hurried towards the door, supriya stood there, holding radha maa. Vrushali ran to her and let out everything, she was hiding behind her brave fake smile, radha maa touched her cheeks and held her shoulders. Karna stood in front of her, his head lowered.

Radha maa glared at him, " I am sorry aai, I know it's all because of me. " He cried, joining his hands, head still lowered. " You should be sorry " Was all she could speak, she immediately went towards vedangi and held her hand. Vedangi was frightened, she looked at radha maa with unknown expression, took her hand back and wrapped the duvet around herself, " Don't... Don't come near me " She spoke with trembling lips. Supriya and vrushali ran towards her and gave her water to drink. " Meenu, she is your ajji (grandmother ) , radha ma " Vrushali said giving her an assuring nod.

" Aai, would you please stay with us now, we need you " Shon said keeping his head on radha maa's shoulder.
" Yes son, I am going nowhere, there's nothing left in champanagar after your father's death " She said ruffling shon's hair. " I've bought some herbs and roots while coming here, try these on vashusaini, they may work " She handed a bag to supriya and caressed vedangi's hair with teary eyes.
**********************************
" Three days! We have three days. We have to find the third person who did this my daughter. Vashusaini killed one of them and one was killed by me, we need to find the third person "
Karna announced in front of his sons, duryodhan, shon, lakshman and lakshmana, his grip on his bow tightened and eyes emitting fire, all others nodded in an energetic yes.

They heard a sarcastic audible smirk from the door, " What you did in dyut sabha is coming back to my daughter, you were not able to kill my sudama and now meenskshi is suffering because of you" She yelled, her eyes red. Karna shut his eyes, breathing heavily, he immediately engulfed her in his strong arms. This was the moment she was longing for. She let out loud wails, falling on his chest, they both may be strong for the world, but would always let out their fears and tears in front of each other.

" I promise you, the third person would be definitely punished " Vrushali separated from him and looked towards everyone else standing there . " Bhrata duryodhan, I wish the third person to be killed from meenu's hands " She said with determination. " That man would lay at feet of dhanaahree, we all would find him  bhabhi " Duryodhan said assuring her as they all except vrushali left the room dressed as commoners, to find the third culprit.
************************************
" I.. I want... To tell you all something " Lakshmana said her gaze lowered.
" You are saying this for the third time mani, tell us, what do you want to say? " Supriya asked. Lakahmana gathered courage, " Dhanashree tai and matsya yuvraj shvet love each other. They haven't confessed about it, but they do " She spoke with shivering lips and fingers.

" Wh... Whattt are saying! " Vrushali exclaimed, " Su.. Supriya how could she do this! Did she forget we are sutas! " Supriya and bhanumati held her from both sides, that woman was not in her senses from past two days and now another shock. She pushed everyone and hurried to vedangi's room, but durva held her by wrist. " This is not the right time to question her jyeshtha rani " Supriya spoke with teary eyes.

" What are you looking at now, go to your chamber " Bhanumati spoke glaring at lakshmana. " I am sorry, but I felt this was necessary " Lakshmana said running out of the room, crying.
" Bhanu, no kshatriya is interested in marrying with a suta girl! He must be playing with her feelings. Even if he marries, she would have no respect there, she would be treated badly " Vrushali said regaing her senses.

Bhanumati nodded assuring, " We need to look into this, the men should be informed " Supriya said with fear and confusion in her eyes. " " You both don't fear, me and durva would tell this to everyone, when they return " Bhanu assured.
***********************************
Hey, my lovely readers, the next part is here.
Sorry for the late update, would try to update soon.
Hope you liked this part, let me know through your comments, they are much important for me❤.