Chapter 4

Vrushali was sitting in God's room,her eyes closed. One year old vedangi was sitting besides her mother. She was looking at vrushali with curiosity filled in her doe eyes. " Ma..maa.." She tried to call her. Vrushali just chuckled and patted her forehead without opening her calm eyes.

Vedangi put her hand in vrushali's lap with a bit force and tried to stand up. She raised herself a bit and put her another hand on vrushali's shoulder. Vrushali was observing all this though not opening her eyes. With lots of efforts she finally stood up on her feet. A wide smile spread vrushali's lips and she opened her eyes.

Dhanashree put a couple of feet on her own but collapsed. The heart of a mother ached, seeing her child falling,Vrushali moved to pick her up , but stopped unknowingly. " If she doesn't fall, she won't learn to walk on her own " Her heart spoke to her .

Dhanashree cried for few minutes and again rose on her feet, holding vrushali's shoulder. She again tried to walk on her own but collapsed again. She was trying to do this , from past one month but was being unsuccessful. After few unsuccessful attempts, she made her way to the door of the chamber on her own. A wide smile spread vrushali 's lips. Karna and supriya who were waiting for her to walk outside the door came running and karna lifted vedangi in his arms.

" You finally did it vashusaini " Supriya said pulling her little cheeks. Karna kissed her forehead to which she smiled heartliy and started playing with karna's kundal. Vrushali came near them gave them prasad. " Vrusha , I've to leave for magadh tomorrow. Duryodhan is taking me with him to fight a duel with Jarasandh. " Karna said while patting vedangi's forehead.

" All fine. I will make the preparations " Vrushali said with a little frown and left the room. " She slept also " Supriya said pointing at sleeping vedangi in karna's arms. " She finds peace in my arms " Karna said flaunting a bit. " Now take her to her room and make her sleep " He added.
------------------------------------------------------
" Vashu.... Vashu.... " All boys rushed in vedangi's room. " Shhh... Shhh... She is sleeping don't shout " Supriya made them quiet. They bit their tongue for disturbing their sister's sleep. Very quietly they walked towards her bed.

" How Innconently she sleeps "
" She looks like a fairy while sleeping "
" She smiles even in sleep "
They were whispering to each other, but the eldest vrushaleya was just staring at her innocent face. Brotherly care shining in his eyes.

" Let her sleep now, we may wake her up " Vrishasen said to everyone. " Vrishasen, you are behaving like a mature elder brother now " Supriya said putting her hand on vrishasen's shoulder to which he only smiled and left the room with other brothers.
------------------------------------------------------
All the family members were standing near the main door as karna was leaving for magadh. " Don't stop your practice. I want to see you all more excelled when I return and take care of my vashusaini. Don't trouble anyone " Karna was instructing all his sons.

He then moved towards vrushali, who still had a little shade of anger on her face. " Take care of durva " " Hmn "
" Of supriya" " Hmn "
" Of meenakshi " " Hmn "
" Of children " " Hmn "
" And take care of yourself too " Her face light up by this sentence " I'll be back soon. " He put his hand on her shoulder, she smiled innocently.

" Ehm... Ehm... " Supriya interrupted and they all chuckled making vrushali blush. " Take care everyone " He waved and started his journey towards magadh. Seeing her father going away from her, vedangi started crying heavily. Karna heard her crying and halted his rath and climbed down. He took vedangi in his arms. As soon as he took her, she stopped crying and snuggled in his arms.

" Pitashree will come back soon " Karna said patting her back. She stopped crying and looked at him in a frown. " Good girl " He said and gave her back to supriya and started his journey again.
------------------------------------------------------
After one whole month, vrushali received a letter that karna had defeated Jarasandh in the duel but spared his life .

" Second time, right? " Supriya questioned vrushali.
" Yess... Once in sakhi bhanumati's swayamvar and second time now " Vrushali added. Vedangi who was sitting beside them chuckled hearing this news.

" As if you are understanding all that we are speaking " Surpriya said pulling vedangi's cheeks, she again chuckled.

" Your father would be back soon veda... " Vrushali said patting her back and the two queens shared a smile.

" Jyeshtha rani, she is so silent na.... She doesn't cry much, behaves like a good girl and doesn't trouble us unlike this kids " Supriya said in amusement.

" Um.. May be she has adopted the silence of her father and not my naughtiness " Vrushali said letting out a chuckle.

" Kids grow up so fast na... This little girl is one year old now " Supriya said with a subtle smile.

" Yess... It amuses me, when I see vrishasen and chitrasen taking care of her like fathers " Vrushali added with a smile. They both nodded and hugged the little girl who was also smiling.
----------------------------------------------------------