Chapter 23

Vedangi gently opened her eyes as sun God spread his rays in her room as if blessing his grand daughter. While she opened her eyes, she saw 3-4 dasis standing right above her head, waiting for her to wake up. As soon as she raised herself on her bed, one of them ran out of her room, yelling ' she woke up ' . A lazy smile formed on her lips, " What happened to her? " She asked the dasis, but they just nodded their heads in a negative and went back to their work. She stood on her bed and started folding her duvet, when she felt warm hug of vrushali around her, it was always supriya who showers visible love on her, vrushali always portrayed her love through little things.

Vedangi turned back, vrushali kissed her cheek, " Happy 19th birthday meenu " She yelled. Vedangi hugged her back, " Huff! What's this, like every year you are the one who wished her first " Supriya said from the door with a pout. " Happy birthday my ladli! " Supriya came running and hugged vedangi from the other side, " Thank you both of you " They three shared a tight group hug.

Three of them settled on the bed still giggling, when a plate full of jalebi came in front of vedangi, " Shon kaka" Vedangi grinned, " Happy birthday my putri, my ladli " He said pulling her cheeks and fed her one jalebi. Snigdha and maitreyi came in her room and hugged her, " Happy birthday nanand ji " , " Happy birthday meenu " They chirped.

After this they all heard eight loud shouts and slammed their palms on forehead. " Happy birthday dhanashree " Vrishasen, chitrasen, shatrunjay, prasen, banasen, sushen, dvipat and vrishketu echoed together and showered flower petals on her.
" Thank you so much all of you! But let me go and have a bath at least " Vedangi said grinning.

" Lazy girl! Go and take your bath " Supriya looked at her with mock anger. Meanwhile vrushali asked vedangi something through eyes and she nodded her head in a yes.
--------------------------------------------------------
After the bath vedangi wore a blue saree with matching jewellery , which her durva kaki had sent for her. Though she was at champanagari, she won't forget her birthday.

Lakshmana and lakshman came running and bumped on her

Lakshmana and lakshman came running and bumped on her. " Happy birthday tai! " They yelled on top of their voice. "Aree slowly our ears would burst " Bhanumati scold them from behind. She hugger vedangi,
" Happy birthday meenakshi " She smiled and gave her a small plate covered with silk cloth. " Happy birthday meri putri " Came a voice from behind, it was duryodhan's .
" Thank you all of you " Duryodhan pulled her cheeks lovingly.

After this some dasis also wished her happy birthday. Karna came from the gates smiling and carrying a basket with him. " Baba, you are again the last to wish tai " Vrishketu complained. Vrushali, karna and vedangi smiled, " No dvipat, he is again the first to wish me. Like every year he wished me, while leaving for surya puja " Vedangi answered, Karna rocked her head lovingly.

" This is your birthday gift vashusaini " Karna handed the basket to her, it had two little kittens. Vedangi gave a big, happy grin and took the kittens in her hand, lakshmana too joined her,
" Thank you so much baba " Vedangi exclaimed and they all,( duryodhan's family and karna's family) at together.
---------------------------------------------------------
Later that day, vedangi was sitting in the garden of the palace and playing with the kittens, when she saw a man entering slowly as if hiding from someone. She kept the kittens aside and hurried towards him and placed dagger on his throat. " Who are you and why are you here? " She said sternly and was about to shout.

" Leave me please.... I am here to meet kumari meenakshi, crown prince of matsya had sent me here " He said with fear. Hearing the name a smile was spread on vedangi's lips. " I am meenakshi, why did matsya yuvraj sent you here " He asked in excitement. " I would tell but please leave me " Vedangi immediately removed dagger from his throat. " He told me to give this to you " The man handed her a bouquet of yellow roses and a note, she opened the note immediately,

Dear vedangi,
Wish you a very very happy birthday, hope you are enjoying your day. This is a small gift from my side, hope you like it.

Vedangi frowned, she expected him to confess on her birthday, but he didn't anyway she liked those yellow roses. She turned to find the man to thank him, but he was not there, she smiled with a sigh and hugged those roses.
---------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I know, you'll didn't expect a chapter this soon. Sorry for the short chapter, but I posted this as today is my own birthday 🤭🤭.
Hope you liked this chapter, let me know through your comments, they are much important for me❤.