Chapter 1: The Meeting

Christy's POV

"Miss King, Your sisters are wishing to video chat with you."

"Put them through, Melanie"

That's me, Christy King, the CEO of King Industries. I am the one who built this multi-billion dollar empire...Sure it was hard at first but I had my family and friends that supported and encouraged me to work towards my dreams. If someone told my younger self that I would be a CEO of a very popular empire, I would have laughed in their face. I was weird and a tomboy in my youth but now I have grown into a strong and confident woman and those who dare to bring me down has another thing coming towards them...

Melanie is my most trusted employee and my personal assistant, she is in her mid-forties and I look at her as a motherly figure, she worries about me so much especially when I have a rough day, I can tell her anything but some stuff like to keep to myself... As for my sisters, they are twins Isabelle and Elizabeth but we like to call them by their nicknames "Isa" and "Eli" they are turning 16 this year and have been worrying me about what party they are having since I am planning it.

"Hey big sis" they said in unison and soon as I answered the video chat.

"What do you two want?" Even though I know what they wanted.

"Can't we just call and ask how our big sister is?" they pouted.

"Not when I am at work, I am very busy." I replied angrily. "What do you two want?" I asked again irritated.

"We just wanted to know if you are free for lunch."

"I don't know, I will ask Melanie to check."

"Okay!" They said happily probably knowing that I am free for lunch.

"Melanie, check my schedule and see if I am free around noon"

"Yes, Miss King you are free at 1pm."She replied in her business-like tone.

I thanked her and turned back to laptop, to see my sisters beaming happily at me.

"That's it then! We will meet at that café down the street from your office at 1pm, don't be late!" They said excitedly.

"Okay!" I replied before ending the call, when my phone vibrated notifying me that I have a new message. I swiped the screen and clicked the message to open it and read it. It was from my father.

"Sorry to bother you scamp, just checking if you are still coming over for dinner tonight? We have things to discuss." My father Josh, used to call me scamp from the time I was a little girl, it is so embarrassing because I am a 25 year old woman and he still calls me scamp, "Yes, dad I am still coming over and please stop calling me scamp!" I answered and he replied with an okay.

Soon it was time for lunch, almost everyone on the 33rd floor left, leaving Melanie, the people at the secretary's desk and I. Melanie was gathering her things to go to lunch when I walked out of the office, I notified her that I was leaving for lunch before walking to the elevator. It was 12:55 before I got into the car that was waiting outside the entrance with my driver Sam.

"Where would you like to go Miss Christy?" He asked in his friendly voice, looking at me through the rearview mirror.

"To the café down the street" I replied while texting Isabelle that I will be in 5 minutes and she replied okay!

5 minutes later...

I entered the café and scanned the room for my sisters until I spotted them sitting by an isolated window booth with two guys talking to them.

I walked up to them and cleared my throat irritated to make them notice I was standing there. My sisters looked up surprised while the boys looked shocked but I could see in their eyes... a don't care attitude.

"May I ask who you are?" I asked politely with a hint of irritation while glaring at the two boys.

"Um, hey sis...this is Henry and Gabe" Elizabeth pointed to the tall dark haired boy who I assumed was Gabe and then a red haired boy who was Henry; he was a little shorter than the other boy Gabe.

"What sup" Gabe said with a smirk.

I glared at him, creating an awkward silence at the table, I going to say something but the other boy Henry beat me to it.

"Uh, Gabe I think we should excuse our-..."

I cut him off. "Yes I think you should also leave before I do something that...well you will know when the time comes."

"Uh, okay bye!" He said nervously while getting up, but before he could I grabbed his upper arm and whispered in his ear "I don't want to see you talking to my sisters or communicating with them ever, or I will give you and your little friend a very unpleasant gift, do you understand?" I threatened and he nodded vigorously and I let go of his arm and he and his friend left the café running.

My sisters were surprised but never say anything. I told them I don't want them to talk to boys without my concern and they agreed. They weren't like those teenage girls that say they don't care and they will talk to whoever they want but not them they obeyed whatever I told them because of that one incident where we went to the park and they were talking to these 2 boys and they were nearly kidnapped...you get what I am trying to say.

We ordered our food and then a few minutes later the waiter brought the food. There was an awkward silence until Isabelle decided to break it.

"Okay sis, we want to know more about our party and whether if we can start inviting everyone of course we will do the family first." Elizabeth said in a serious tone but there was a hint of nervousness in her voice.

"Sure" I replied. "First we need to ask mom and dad about whom we should invite because there a lot of members from both sides of the family." I was not too sure because we had to arrange transportation for some of them that are abroad.

"Okay! So this Saturday we will arrange everything with mom and dad." Isabelle said a bit excited.

"Don't forget our appointment on Friday for our dresses, Sis you said you will take us to see the dresses at 2pm." Elizabeth reminded.

"Of course Eli, I can't forget about that and we also have a meeting with the baker about cake ideas so I will pick you to up after school." I said.

"So everything is settled then, I guess we should be getting on our way mum and dad must be worried" Isabelle said worriedly.

"Yes, ok bye sis! See you at home!" Elizabeth said.

"Goodbye." I said before giving my sisters a hug and walked out of the café where Sam was waiting with the car.

I told Sam to go back to the office. It was 3:00 pm; I was already late for a meeting regarding a new partnership. I reached the building and I power walked through the lobby to the elevator and pressed for the top floor, I pressed the close door button repeatedly and when it finally was about to close when a hand prevented it from closing.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

Don't forget to vote and comment!!

Love you all lots like jelly tots

MistyMe15

xoxo