Chapter 57: Space?

Happy New Year everyone!! Hope you all have an awesome New Year!!

So where did we stop? Oh right... The heart breaking news that Christy may experience some consequences during birth, one of which might cost her life...So here is more elaboration on that...

Christy's POV

I was speechless and if there were words to say, the lump in my throat prevented it from been spoken.

"When were you going to tell me?!" He demanded. "Possibly after you were dead? Wrote a letter and as I mourned, I find it and read it?" He looked more hurt and betrayed than angry.

I wanted to tell him everything but I just couldn't find the words.

After a while of silence. "I am tired of this." He said and left. I didn't try to stop him, I knew I was wrong by not telling him but he just jumped to conclusions and that angered me.

I just sat there staring into space, thinking about what just happened. I couldn't stay here, and William sounded like he was not coming back any time soon.

I got up and walked to our bedroom, I took out a suitcase from my closet and packed only what I needed, since some of my clothes were already at the place I was going.

I looked around our bedroom and the memories of all those nights and early mornings, even some daytime spent in this bedroom flashed though my mind. It only drove the knife like pain I was feeling deeper and deeper into my heart, causing me to shudder, like my heart was on the brink of stopping.

This was our first real fight. Something that had our marriage dangling of a cliff with nothing but a thin fraying rope.

Some might think that this doesn't really matter and can easily be fixed but there is more to it... I have never seen William this furious before, and the worst part is ever since he got that call while everyone was conversing in the living room, he stated acting strange and avoided me, only occasionally coming by me to show nothing is wrong.

I honestly don't know what is going to happen...

All I knew was that the perfect trust that we established was broken when I didn't tell him.

But the fact that he drew up his own conclusions without really talking to me, proved that he didn't trust me, trust that I maybe I have a reasonable explanation but no he didn't and I was upset about that.

I finally closed the door and carried my suitcase downstairs ignoring the feeling that settled within me...hurt...

I locked up the house and left the keys with our neighbour saying that I would be gone for a while and to tell our staff.

I got into my car and drove off to someplace I haven't been to in a long time...

2 and a half weeks later...

I just reached 3 months of my pregnancy, the end of my first trimester, which would be a happy and exciting time except for the emptiness I was feeling right now... It has been 2 and half weeks since I last saw William.

I honestly didn't know if there was still a marriage to save or it just withered away along with our trust and bond.

All those weeks I spent most of time in the office, arriving to work early and going home late at night.
I indulged myself in my work as it helped distract me from the pain I was feeling inside.

Melanie sensed something was wrong but I didn't tell her anything except that I wanted to get my work done before the baby arrives. She didn't seem to entirely believe me but nodded anyway. I avoided everyone including my family and friends, even Jesse and Mariana who countlessly tried to contact me.