29│THE KATE CONFUSION

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

Veronica was currently in her room getting ready for her date with Max. She'd finally convinced both her boyfriend and her father to have dinner together to clear the air between them.

She laughed when she remembered how long it had taken her to convince Max to agree to the dinner. They'd been at Central Perk with the rest of the friends when her father called the landline to confirm their dinner plans. Max had immediately shaken his head vehemently but she'd ignored him.

"Do you not know that shaking my head like that means no," He huffed when she walked back to the couch.

"Of course I do," She laughed as she sat down on his lap and kissed his cheek, "Do you know that shaking your head doesn't make laws and I can ignore it?"

He chuckled quietly before nuzzling his face into her neck affectionately. "Will taking you to Saks get me out of this?"

"It's just one dinner, just one night for me, please. I just want him to love you like I do," She giggled and wrapped her arm around his neck, "All right, well not exactly like I do, but, but, if you do come to dinner, I'll love you like I do in that black thing that you like."

"I'll go," Chandler jumped in jokingly as he leaned in closer to the couple.

She furrowed her brows and frowned when she couldn't find her moisturizer and huffed in annoyance. "Chandler."

He'd borrowed it the night before and promised to return it the next morning but as per usual he forgot.

She smiled at herself fondly in the mirror and flipped her hair confidently before rushing over to the boy's apartment.

"Hey," She sang as she let herself in.

"Hi," Joey called quietly and jumped off the BarcaLounger.

"Chandler took my moisturizer again last night," She complained as she walked out of his room and held up the tub for him to see, "I keep telling him to- Where are you going?"

Joey's eyes widened and he froze before slowly turning to face her with a sheepish smile. "Uh, I'm going to go take a nap."

She raised a brow as she gave him an unimpressed look. "During Baywatch?" She scoffed and crossed her arms, "Joey Tribbiani you never miss Baywatch! Not even when the fire alarms went off in the whole building, you finished the episode and then got out of here."

Joey gulped as he ran a hand through his hair nervously. He had no idea what to say and it didn't help that his mouth now felt like sandpaper.

"What's going on, Joe?" She asked earnestly as she took another step towards him, "You've been acting weird all week, I've never seen you so... Well, mopey."

He sighed deeply and trailed over to the couch as she followed closely behind. He played with his hands and his head spun as he raced desperately to think of anything to tell Veronica to explain his change in behavior.