53│SO JOEY THINKS HE CAN DANCE

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"That's like the tenth time I've peed since I've been here!" Phoebe spat irritatedly as she stomped back to the couch in Central Perk.

"That's also like the tenth time you told us," Monica countered with a chuckle.

She regretted that the very same second the words left her mouth. She forgot about Phoebe's supposedly 'non-existent' mood swings and just how scary the blonde could be. The heated glare she received served as a very vivid reminder.

"Yeah, oh I'm sorry, it must be really hard to hear!" Phoebe snapped, "I tell ya, it's a lot easier having three babies play Bringing in the Noise, Bringing in da Funk on your bladder! I'm so sick of being pregnant! The only happiness I get is from a cup of coffee, which of course is decaf, 'cause, oh! I'm pregnant!"

The friends froze in fear at the look of unadulterated fury on the blonde's face. A tense silence fell over the group for a moment, the friends too scared to even breathe too loud.

"...Pheebs, did you want a cookie?" Ross asked slowly as he shakily held his cookie out to her.

Phoebe smiled brightly at him as tears gathered in her eyes. "Thank you so much."

"So uh, Pheebs, honey, how are those mood swings coming?" Rachel asked dryly.

Phoebe shrugged. "I haven't really had any yet."

The friends stared at her in shock but before they could say anything, Veronica stormed into Central Perk.

"I don't have another cookie!" Ross exclaimed nervously as he wondered how they would deal with Veronica's outburst now that they didn't have anything to pacify her with.

Joey pushed Chandler off the couch just as Veronica got there, emptying up a seat for her at the perfect timing. She threw herself down onto the chair, her face pulled into a tight frown.

"That's another job interview I was laughed out of!" She grumbled.

"Awe, Ronnie," Rachel patted her shoulder comfortingly as Joey pulled his girlfriend into his chest, "Here, have Monica's tea it'll make you feel better."

Monica glared at her, not appreciating having her tea given away without being asked first. Chandler, on the other hand, stared at Rachel in horror when he noticed she'd grabbed his cup of coffee by accident.

"No, no, no, no," He breathed out and tried to grab the cup back.

"Chandler!" Rachel snapped, "Monica can get another cup of tea. It's not a big deal."

Before he could explain, Veronica's face soured and she spat the gulp she'd taken back into the mug. "This is coffee!" She whined.

"Well, some of us would be very happy to be drinking that!" Phoebe snarked, clearly still upset about having to drink decaf.